Amazon Prime streaming

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Frankymole wrote:A remastered New Avengers would be something to see (they did one episode, but I don't think sales of that convinced StudioCanal that it is economically viable to do more. At least the whole series is available on DVD, while a lot of other 1970s shows aren't.
It’s more of a rights issue between interested parties over ownership of the series that have prevented further releases rather than sales. It was Network who did the restoration of the single TNA episode along with the 2 Emma Peel ones, and they looked significantly better than Studio Canal’s efforts with those S4 & S5 Cybernaut episodes. I think I may have posted some comparisons on here at the time of release and the Network restoration was a significant upgrade. Hopefully an agreement can be reached as I know Network would like to release all of TNA.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mariocki wrote: It’s more of a rights issue between interested parties over ownership of the series that have prevented further releases rather than sales. It was Network who did the restoration of the single TNA episode along with the 2 Emma Peel ones, and they looked significantly better than Studio Canal’s efforts with those S4 & S5 Cybernaut episodes. I think I may have posted some comparisons on here at the time of release and the Network restoration was a significant upgrade. Hopefully an agreement can be reached as I know Network would like to release all of TNA.
At least we've moved on from Studio Canal claiming they couldn't find the negatives/film materials for TNA! That was scary.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
mariocki wrote: It’s more of a rights issue between interested parties over ownership of the series that have prevented further releases rather than sales. It was Network who did the restoration of the single TNA episode along with the 2 Emma Peel ones, and they looked significantly better than Studio Canal’s efforts with those S4 & S5 Cybernaut episodes. I think I may have posted some comparisons on here at the time of release and the Network restoration was a significant upgrade. Hopefully an agreement can be reached as I know Network would like to release all of TNA.
At least we've moved on from Studio Canal claiming they couldn't find the negatives/film materials for TNA! That was scary.
perhaps Studio canal should consider licensing the series out, or simply sell the rights to 'em....to someone who understands their potential, and do the material right
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: perhaps Studio canal should consider licensing the series out, or simply sell the rights to 'em....to someone who understands their potential, and do the material right
Maybe we should club together and put in an offer :D
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
mousemeat wrote: perhaps Studio canal should consider licensing the series out, or simply sell the rights to 'em....to someone who understands their potential, and do the material right
Maybe we should club together and put in an offer :D
SOUNDS like a solid plan.....yeah, let's get the forum to chip in....lol
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Not that I share that notion, but there is the idea that old unremastered tv will not attract viewers. So if StudioCanal wants to earn a penny or two on the TNA they'll more or less have to take the leap.
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

It’s not Studio Canal that are dragging their heels and preventing it (although it’s never been a priority for them) - it’s the complicated way in which the series was originally financed that’s the sticking point.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

mariocki wrote:It’s not Studio Canal that are dragging their heels and preventing it (although it’s never been a priority for them) - it’s the complicated way in which the series was originally financed that’s the sticking point.
bottom line is who at the moment, owns the release rights to the series, be it TNA, the Gale era, Peel, and Tara king eras as well..
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

mariocki wrote:It’s not Studio Canal that are dragging their heels and preventing it (although it’s never been a priority for them) - it’s the complicated way in which the series was originally financed that’s the sticking point.
I remember the horrendous mess for the Simon Dutton "The Saint" series, with different episodes financed and produced by different countries. It may have led to some globe-hopping variety of locations but it delayed DVD release for ages. So many different companies and rights changing hands. I doubt if anyone would bother trying to sort it out again. I grabbed the DVDs as soon as I could because who knows if the episodes will ever be seen again!
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
I remember the horrendous mess for the Simon Dutton "The Saint" series, with different episodes financed and produced by different countries. It may have led to some globe-hopping variety of locations but it delayed DVD release for ages. So many different companies and rights changing hands. I doubt if anyone would bother trying to sort it out again. I grabbed the DVDs as soon as I could because who knows if the episodes will ever be seen again!

that's exactly how I felt..when a 'new' DVD (etc) released came out..and the supply chain for these re issues, was spotty...as one may never see that particular release again....then again, the bean counters running Studio Canal, etc have no clue of the potential...and world wide, I believe interest for the series, is still rather good...