Tim Beddows (1963-2022)

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Tim Beddows (1963-2022)

Post by Andrew Pixley »

paulh
Thingumajig

Post by paulh »

That's really sad news. I've discovered so many archive TV programmes thanks to Tim. Network is such a great company. Half the DVDs on my shelves are Network releases.
Old account paulpdjh
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Oh no! I am shocked. Terrible news :( My thoughts go out to all those who knew him. I can't put in words how much happiness his work, nay passion, brought me.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I couldn't quite believe it when I heard, Tim was so down to earth and genuine, you could sense his passion for film and television.

We had a few discussions over the years and wasn't above hinting at his future plans. He was really close to a deal for The New Avengers despite the setback with Studio Canal for a new Avengers release, I wonder if it will see the light of day now.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Re: Tim Beddows (1963-2022)

Post by Andrew Pixley »

A piece by one of Tim's oldest friends - Martin Cater - about the passion for television they developed in their formative years:

http://sundayinoldmoney.blogspot.com/20 ... o-you.html

All the best

Andrew
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Thanks Andrew, that was a lovely read. I hope we will always have enthusiasts of "old" TV but Tim was very much a one-off, really getting things done to make these treasures available to all.

I never bunked off school to watch an ITC show but I did manage to see Man In A Suitcase in the early 80s on Channel 4 during the daytime with my brother, so I wonder if it was on at lunchtimes when I used to be able to walk home from school if I had free lessons in the afternoon (and my brother's school was much closer - I had to walk a few miles across town!).

I will bookmark that blog and try to read more of it. It looks fascinating.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re:

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:58 pm I couldn't quite believe it when I heard, Tim was so down to earth and genuine, you could sense his passion for film and television.

We had a few discussions over the years and wasn't above hinting at his future plans. He was really close to a deal for The New Avengers despite the setback with Studio Canal for a new Avengers release, I wonder if it will see the light of day now.
hopefully, it will happen....
Frankymole

Re:

Post by Frankymole »

dissolute wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:58 pm I couldn't quite believe it when I heard, Tim was so down to earth and genuine, you could sense his passion for film and television.

That's compounded the sad news, though pales by comparison with the tragedy of Tim's passing. First world problems I guess. I've given up hope of The New Avengers being restored, and even when The Professionals was "done up", free-to-air TV is still repeating the shoddy unrestored prints.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

you guys are probably right..about little or no chances of re mastering NEW AVENGERS EPISODES.......sorta a shame...great series, wished it would have run a few more yrs...but the existing prints I've seen, especially of of the A & E DVD's, look terrible;..