Dumb Decisions

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Allard
The Ministry

Re: Dumb Decisions

Post by Allard »

I don't really like this way of looking at tv, trying to find what's wrong with it instead of enjoying the ride.

I can think of an example: in The Rotters Tara gets out of her car when confronted with an axe wielding henchmen in stead of driving of.

A little bit of slack to the makers, when reading some of the differences between the scripts and the actual episode. Making tv is actually an art and at times must be difficult getting everything right.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Yes and there can be enforced changes thanks to bits of script having to be dropped or heavily reworked, due to unforeseen circumstances. Like when Freddie Jaeger disappeared from Target! after one scene and Roy Boyd had to take over, when adverse weather cancelled outdoor filming. Script editors earn their money... sometimes it's amazing a workable story gets finished, at all! We may not know all the reasons why an "illogical" scene had to be inserted.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

COULDN'T stated Franky's position, any better...sometimes, the real drama, isn't on the series, or episode, it's behind the scenes, etc
QueenOfSin
Nutshell

Post by QueenOfSin »

I was watching Murdersville last night, which I love, but talk about dumb decisions! Emma knew these people weren't 'right' and wouldn't hesitate to bump someone off for no reason whatsoever, yet she still refused to answer them when they threatened to dunk her. It was obvious they weren't messing around and had no conscience, so how could she trust they'd lift her back out of the water if she wouldn't talk? Or was she really willing to gamble being drowned for the sake of giving them some flannel? In fact for that matter if she'd said her husband was Paul she likely wouldn't have been dunked at all, because the villagers had already dealt with him so wouldn't have seen her as a risk. It's not as if they d have known she was lying either as they clearly didn't know her.