Best series 5 tagline?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
QueenOfSin
Nutshell

Best series 5 tagline?

Post by QueenOfSin »

Having just watched The Positive-Negative Man I've been reminded how much I love the tagline to this episode. It's so sweet and funny :D. It also got me thinking, which s5 episode has the best end scene?

I'll do a series 4 one when I've reacquainted myself with the episodes, not seen them for about 4 years and don't remember them as much. W
Allard
The Ministry

Re: Best series 5 tagline?

Post by Allard »

From memory: ESCAPE IN TIME. Maybe I'm biased as the whole episode is a favourite of mine, but it's superb. Relates to the theme of the episode, charming and done for a great part without words and gives us some of the best Steed/Peel interaction.

Honourable mention for A FUNNY THING.... just not bothering to give a politician (and the PM at that) any of your time, wonderful.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I love the tag scene from Epic, it's so suggestive:
Steed and Emma sit in her armchairs, deciding which film to see that night: “I was Napoleon’s Nanny? (maybe not)”, “Lasagne 6½?” (“I walked out 3/8 of the way through”), “an old Stewart Kirby film at the Plaza?” (Emma frowns), “Nights of Abandon - unbridled passion, critics raved, won many awards... closed yesterday.” “Oh dear”, says Steed, “...unbridled passions - why don’t we just spend the evening at home?”
“Why not?” concurs Emma, “Let’s get back to my apartment.” She kicks at the wall and it collapses - they’re still at Schnerk’s studio!

https://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avenge ... -epic.html

(reminds me that I need to upgrade the carousel on my site to one that supports youtube, as they now break out of the one I use)
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

dissolute wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:59 am I love the tag scene from Epic, it's so suggestive:
Steed and Emma sit in her armchairs, deciding which film to see that night: “I was Napoleon’s Nanny? (maybe not)”, “Lasagne 6½?” (“I walked out 3/8 of the way through”), “an old Stewart Kirby film at the Plaza?” (Emma frowns), “Nights of Abandon - unbridled passion, critics raved, won many awards... closed yesterday.” “Oh dear”, says Steed, “...unbridled passions - why don’t we just spend the evening at home?”
“Why not?” concurs Emma, “Let’s get back to my apartment.” She kicks at the wall and it collapses - they’re still at Schnerk’s studio!

https://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avenge ... -epic.html

(reminds me that I need to upgrade the carousel on my site to one that supports youtube, as they now break out of the one I use)
EPIC is hands down my favorite. It's smart and unexpected and plays into the reflexive-ness and tone of episode