No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:
Frankymole wrote:It's covered in the McGinley/Hayes book. There's a script or storyline that specifies the gun was silenced - or it might be a prop list with the script, not sure but some contemporary documentation. It was specified Dr Keel hears no shot.
That's right, the vison switches to Peggy and David on the street so I guess the idea is how it would have sounded to them, and the passer by who asks if she's ill. I'm guessing they were afraid of being censored or pushed into an even later time slot if there were an audible shot.

was that a problem with scripts and/ or / programs ? the threat of a later time slot ?
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

A more immediate threat at the time would've been if there was a bad reaction to violence (etc) it could have affected the upcoming sale of the series to ATV, London and other ITV regions. Some of these were already biased against programmes made outside their own franchise, and would've been glad of an excuse to delay or drop the show...
Last watched: "Mandrake"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

mousemeat wrote:
dissolute wrote:
Frankymole wrote:It's covered in the McGinley/Hayes book. There's a script or storyline that specifies the gun was silenced - or it might be a prop list with the script, not sure but some contemporary documentation. It was specified Dr Keel hears no shot.
That's right, the vison switches to Peggy and David on the street so I guess the idea is how it would have sounded to them, and the passer by who asks if she's ill. I'm guessing they were afraid of being censored or pushed into an even later time slot if there were an audible shot.

was that a problem with scripts and/ or / programs ? the threat of a later time slot ?
Yes, it's why the had the directive against visible blood, major violence, etc. The Brought to Book has a scene in the rehearsal script that has Mason's gang attacking bookmakers' shops with shotgun, throwing bottles, smashing windows which in the final camera script had become a chair thrown through a window, papers thrown onto the floor and ticker tape machines knocked over.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Frankymole wrote:Nice little note about/from Astor Sklair who played Det-Supt Wilson in the first two episodes:

http://theavengers.tv/forever/pnote-sklair.htm
Astor contact me about the same time as he contacted David, and he supplied some very nice publicity photos of himself for me to use on my site.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

That's very sweet of him.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Medusa Cascade has started doing a series of her reactions to (first time) watching The Avengers. She did an excellent set on Sapphire & Steel so I have high hopes she will like it (she has no allergy to black and white studio television having done all of Doctor Who):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weQmg8a2HI8
Last edited by Frankymole on Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Another couple of reactors - two brothers - have started reacting to The Avengers, from the very beginning. They did a good series on Doctor Who, and also one on The Prisoner which was enjoyable. I recommend you take a peek:

Last edited by Frankymole on Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frankymole

Re: 1.01 - Hot Snow

Post by Frankymole »

It is a great time for Avengers reviews and reactions. Medusa Cascade is on series 2. Marie-Claire has just finished classic Doctor Who and so her new show is... (yes, we just had Hot Snow, complete with recon of the missing two-thirds)...

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

glad to see that the earlier material, is still being viewed..and discussed.....the earlier material, was much better than some 'fans' gave it credit for.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Marie-Claire starts her journey through ALL of The Avengers.