"Look - Stop me if..." Commentary Linda Thorson

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Re: "Look - Stop me if..." Commentary Linda Thorso

Post by Andrew Pixley »

darren wrote:https://youtu.be/vX67WOrhJpY

"Look - (Stop Me If You've Heard This One) But There Were These Two Fellers..." Commentary featuring Linda Thorson and Julian Chagrin.
Very enjoyable indeed. And so good to hear contributions from Elaine Spooner - a brilliant lady with an amazing passion for popular culture!

Philip does a terrific job with these - always something interesting and new to learn from them. Good on him for having the enthusiasm to jump in like this and get productive! :)

All the best

Andrew

PS: And still one of my favourite episodes even after all these years...
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

I'm pretty glad Diana didn't do a third stint if the 5th series was anything to go by. It was getting a tad on the stale side during that. The introduction of Linda gave the series a shot in the arm and she was in many of the best colour episodes ever produced.
Brugeoise
Thingumajig

Post by Brugeoise »

Quite so. I must say that, as it happened to many other fans, I came to like series 6 more and more over the years. As a matter of fact, every time I do a rewatch I tend to choose among the series 6 batch (and Look, stop me... is one of my favourites). Overall, I still clearly favour Mrs. Peel but I just never felt the aversion towards Tara King that is still not so hard to find these days.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I was very impressed with Linda here who was very considered that Julian got attention as well and she didn't consume all of the conversation.
Linda is a gift to Avengers fandom.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Linda and Julian were partners for a while in 1968 /1969 and they are still very fond of each other.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Avengerholic wrote:I'm pretty glad Diana didn't do a third stint if the 5th series was anything to go by. It was getting a tad on the stale side during that. The introduction of Linda gave the series a shot in the arm and she was in many of the best colour episodes ever produced.

exactly...and had ABC in the states, moved the series away from NBC's ' laugh in ', and stuck with the series..it might have proved more popular than Diana...and wasn't France, a big fan of the Tara era ??
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

dissolute wrote:Linda and Julian were partners for a while in 1968 /1969 and they are still very fond of each other.
Didn't know that, thanks for enlightening me.
Rhonda
Epic

Re: "Look - Stop me if..." Commentary Linda Thorson

Post by Rhonda »

Thanks for the link; It's great to hear Linda in this commentary.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators