No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 26

Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

It really is very enjoyable and has so much great humour starting right away with "Roger Roger"! There's one shot when a telescope in the lighthouse is turned to the coast and it is a L/R reversed view; a minor point indeed!
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Brugeoise
Thingumajig

Post by Brugeoise »

I have just watched the episode again after a long time and I think it’s excellent. Tara is in excellent shape in all aspects, though I personally miss the brunette bouffant wigs from the early episodes.

I think that the tag scene for this episode deserves a special mention. Together with the scene fight between Tara and Gozzo, it is my favourite bit: absolutely stylish, it could have fit seamlessly in the Emma Peel era.
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

This is one I recorded off-air from the Channel 4 repeat (17 Dec 1983, FWIW) and the fact that I kept it must mean I rated highly at the time. Nevertheless, it's been many years since I last watched it.

This is easily one of the best Avengers episodes. The action never tires, there's a large and competent cast, lots of location footage and some great shots. The stunt team, in particular, must be highly commended for their work.

I have to deduct 1 point for the relative absence of Steed ... otherwise this would have been 11!

10/10
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dinsdale Landen was a fine one-off "assistant", so although Steed's presence is missed, there is still amusement to be had when Tara is not dominating the screen (which thankfully she does quite a lot!).
Last watched: "Mandrake"
Allard
The Ministry

Re: 6.11 - All Done With Mirrors

Post by Allard »

Something I have wanted to post for ages, but always only reminded myself of when not behind the computer:

The lighthouse is supposed to have 365 steps, which lends itself to some nice jokes. Not very realistic though, I realised this when hearing that the Big Ben clock tower has 227 steps and seems clearly taller (to me at least).

Don't know whether this constitutes a mistake, but still worth pointing out.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: 6.11 - All Done With Mirrors

Post by Frankymole »

Yes, many lighthouses have about 200 steps (usually just under or just over). Though some can have rock stairs to climb to even get to the entrance. Start Point, where this was filmed, has multiple staircases. Their site also says "A rude steep stair, chipped in the rock, leads down still lower to a little cove and a narrow strip of beach at the foot of the cliffs. It is the landing place for the lighthouse keepers when they go fishing, but can only be used in calm weather."
Last watched: "Mandrake"