Unstoppable Cards - The Diana Rigg Years Book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Re: Unstoppable Cards - The Diana Rigg Years Book

Post by MRotten »

Frankymole wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:49 pm Imagine a Patrick Macnee one...
Perhaps they should do one for all the Avengers men. Patricks Macnee and Newell, Jon Rollason, Ian Hendry, Gareth Hunt... Well, I'd buy it!
There shouldn’t be a book on Patrick Macnee, and I am certain he would agree. After all, it was Patrick himself who said of The Avengers, “It was all about the women, wasn’t it?”
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Maybe. He also spoke very highly of Ian Hendry though. He once described him as "the fountainhead, the inspiration".

In "The Journey Back", Macnee said Hendry was "the force behind the creation of The Avengers. He was not just an actor, he was a writer, he was an adventurer, he was a man of deep learning and understand and tremendous energy... He gave the initial energy and creative excitement to it, in my opinion... I miss him deeply."

Here's a nice clip
Last edited by Frankymole on Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

With only 3 and 1/3 episodes to judge by, it’s hard to come to a conclusion as to how effective Hendry was as an Avenger. “The Frighteners” I enjoy quite a bit. The reason The Avengers really took off in popularity was undoubtedly because of the women, who wouldn’t have been there if Hendry hadn’t vacated.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Except Venus Smith of course who was planned to join in the Hendry era if all 39 episodes had been completed as planned... and I know from watching Medusa Cascade's reactions that she quite liked Carol and missed her when she was gone. But maybe they don't have M-Appeal...
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Frankymole wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:50 pm Except Venus Smith of course who was planned to join in the Hendry era if all 39 episodes had been completed as planned... and I know from watching Medusa Cascade's reactions that she quite liked Carol and missed her when she was gone. But maybe they don't have M-Appeal...
I quite liked Carol too, I would love to be able to see "Ashes of Roses", she must have been fab in that.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Oh gosh yes. Mark Eden would've been splendid in that, too, I'm sure.

An episode where the female cast is pretty much equal in number to the men! (Depends if we count the dog...)
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Will this book ever see the light of day :?: On their website it still says it's coming Autumn 2023. I'm keeping everything crossed. The Honor Blackman years was a work of art, so I guess you can't rush artistry! I did email them a few weeks ago about any possible release date but I've heard nothing. No news is good news for now at least.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

yeah, I would be interested in seeing and purchasing that book project...you can never have enough Avengers material, in book form...so I'm hoping it will come out...