Jacqueline Pearce RIP (1943-2018)

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Jacqueline Pearce RIP (1943-2018)

Post by Rodders »

I grew up on Servalan in Blake's 7 where she was spellbinding. I loved her performances in Man in a Suitcase. She was one of the best things in A Sense of History. Great actor and a thoughtful, fun and quirky human being who cared passionately about the natural world.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Re: Jacqueline Pearce RIP (1943-2018)

Post by denis rigg »

Oh, so sad to hear. Just today it became known about the death of Pamela Ann Davy and now, Jacqueline Pierce. :(

I remember the first film I saw with Jacqueline Pierce was "How to Get Ahead in Advertising" (1989). It was shown on Russian TV in the early 1990s and at that time looked very original for viewers living in country that was recently as the USSR - I recorded this movie and rewatched several times.
Years later, I saw her in Hammer films and, of course, The Avengers. Given that I no longer saw her in other productions, in my opinion exactly in the Avengers she was more vivid and memorable.

Mourn and remember.

Denis
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

One of the best guest stars of the Avengers with Marianne in A Sense of History.
Also in Man in a Suitcase where she featured in the best episode of the series as far as I'm concerned : Somebody loses, somebody... wins ?
R.I.P.
QuiteQuiteFantastic
Thingumajig

Post by QuiteQuiteFantastic »

She'll definitely be missed. Her performance in Blake's 7 was to me a tour de force. She really made that show!

Michael
Quite Quite Fantastic! The Avengers for Modern Viewers. It's the latest book on both The Avengers and The New Avengers. Available in softcover as of 1st May 2018 on Lulu.com
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Jacqueline Pearce RIP (1943-2018)

Post by Frankymole »

I was reading up about her role in "The Reptile" and remembered she had been featured on a Top Trump game card in the 1970s.

What I hadn't realised is that they gave her fellow Avengers-guest star Christopher Lee's body, hands and clothes!

https://hypnogoria.blogspot.com/2016/02 ... k-iii.html
Last watched: "Mandrake"