Guest actors in The Avengers

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Guest actors in The Avengers

Post by Frankymole »

It's definitely Patricia Haines pulled out of the river near the start of Girl on the Trapeze. I'd recognise those sexy lips anywhere!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Thanks for the link Piers. I'll have a look to see which other actors have made six appearances. I clearly haven't been paying attention! The name Edwin Richfield didn't ring any bells, but as soon as I saw his photo I knew him immediately. He was in many ITC episodes as well as The Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Edwin, like many actors...fall into that category, of you don't know their name, first hand, but you sure as heck recognize them..when you see 'em
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Frankymole wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:05 pm It's definitely Patricia Haines pulled out of the river near the start of Girl on the Trapeze. I'd recognise those sexy lips anywhere!
I always though so, totally agree about the quality of her mouth! MovieDude and Wearysloth (Aveleyman.com) refuse to entertain the possibility for some reason though...
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Jump to just after the 35 minute and 10 seconds mark for a great list of guest stars:
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

great video clip..enjoyed seeing so many of them..timeless!
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Frankymole wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:17 am
Rhonda wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:01 am When I saw "Aunt Mavis" in 1980's TV's The Flipside of Dominick Hide I felt I'd seen the actress before in The Avengers. Had to look it up but she was in the episode The Girl From Auntie, again playing an aunt - Aunt Hetty. It is Sylvia Coleridge. Yes, The Avengers has very many familiar TV and film faces I agree; its part of what makes it a great programme.
She plays a very similar role to her Flipside of Dominick Hide one in Out of the Unknown (made earlier), an adaption of the Asimov story The Dead Past. Very moving it is, too, with some similar themes of lost-in-time love and relatives. Unsurprisingly, it's by the same screenwriter, Jeremy Paul...

I watched The Dead Past a long time ago - so will give it another viewing; thanks!
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

The Dead Past was an excellent Out Of The Unknown episode. I was fortunate to meet producer Irene Shubik at the book launch in Stourbridge a while ago. I told her I remember seeing Something In The Cellar when I was a boy and it was on TV. It had a frightening effect on me and gave me an enduring love of good TV (practically to the exclusion of film). She said she thought it wasn't one of hers, but I think she had a say in the story being chosen for the succeeding producer's tenure. To return to The Dead Past Sylvia Coleridge is very good; I had forgotten how it ended. It was worth watching tonight after being reminding of it!
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death