Fanzines other than On Target/Stay Tuned

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Fanzines other than On Target/Stay Tuned

Post by Frankymole »

Interesting Avengers fanzine of the old school. With info about Diana's test pilot brother, Hugh.

https://fanac.org/fanzines/En_Garde-Schultz/eng6.pdf

Index page. The fanzine is from the 1960s, and was originally called the Rigger Digger!:
https://fanac.org/fanzines/En_Garde-Schultz/
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Fanzines other than On Target/Stay Tuned

Post by mousemeat »

I remember that fanzine...as it was from my home town of Detroit....as many of us, were either doing Zines, or reading and collecting 'em.

Myself, I've been doing a fanzine on music/cinema/culture since May 1987. ' Loafing The Donkey '...current issue is # 85. 86 is due in late April.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Thanks for the links Franky. This is the first time I've seen the contents of the fanzines from the 1960s. I've got a few fanzines from later years, such as the last five issues of With umbrella charm and bowler, an American fanzine in large newspaper format from the early 1980s. These are great! Hopefully one day I'll find the first five issues. I think there were ten altogether. I've also got a not so great fanzine called Bizarre which only ran to three issues in 1990. By far the best fanzine was Dave Rogers On target/ Stay tuned. I've got all of those and I really miss it popping through the letter box.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

cyberrich wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:35 pm By far the best fanzine was Dave Rogers On target/ Stay tuned. I've got all of those and I really miss it popping through the letter box.
Yes, me too!! I think it was the second or third "fan club"/zine/appreciation society I joined, after The Prisoner and possibly Blakes 7 around 1985-87 (I joined the Tolkien Society too but can't remember exactly when, sometime in the mid to late 80s - being a hoarder I must have all the mags stowed away somewhere). I got all the Stay Tuned/On Target back issues I could and eventually got the full set. I'm glad they've done the recent compilation hardbacks but it's hard to do a "best of" when just about everything in it was really good!!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:56 pm
cyberrich wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:35 pm By far the best fanzine was Dave Rogers On target/ Stay tuned. I've got all of those and I really miss it popping through the letter box.
Yes, me too!! I think it was the second or third "fan club"/zine/appreciation society I joined, after The Prisoner and possibly Blakes 7 around 1985-87 (I joined the Tolkien Society too but can't remember exactly when, sometime in the mid to late 80s - being a hoarder I must have all the mags stowed away somewhere). I got all the Stay Tuned/On Target back issues I could and eventually got the full set. I'm glad they've done the recent compilation hardbacks but it's hard to do a "best of" when just about everything in it was really good!!

no doubt, the Dave Rogers material, was IT. authority indeed...and that's not uncommon, becoming a hoarder....myself, love that early print media