A&E DVDs - Thoroughly Superceded?

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: A&E DVDs - Thoroughly Superceded?

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:39 pm Yes, I don't get rid of old sets if the art is nice (which it all has been, so far), I even have the VHS sleeve inserts somewhere (though the tapes are long gone).

The first UK DVDs still have pride of place:
avengers dvds.jpg

nice box and image...and I can identify with holding on to...and boy, has the series product come a long way, since the early days of those bootleg VHS tapes, and the initial A & E tapes...I'm sure it was the same overseas, as well...amazing fact, how many times this series, has been released...where some shows, barely saw a VHS issue..
davidf
Little Wonder

Re: A&E DVDs - Thoroughly Superceded?

Post by davidf »

You need the A&E discs of seasons 4,5,6 for the soundtracks which sound way better than the remasters made after, which are filtered resulting in all ambiant noise to be removed.
You also need all the Kult TV because season 3 is remastered and looks better than the filtered SC version made after, and season 4, parts of 5 and 6 use their own, better encodes, of the original video masters + excellent yummy sound.