Emma Peel Tag Theme

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
rob2bob
Nutshell

Re: Emma Peel Tag Theme

Post by rob2bob »

Just loving the wealth of knowledge here and the thoroughness of the archives. All I had were my Dave Rogers books from back in the 1980s, and whilst brilliant, it is interesting to see how much more information has come to light to refine what we know about all the series/seasons.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

rob2bob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:06 pm Just loving the wealth of knowledge here and the thoroughness of the archives.
I think it's great that things keep moving on and the field is never static. Always new things appearing all the time to discover, and that lovely feeling of knowing that whatever do is obsolete the moment it's published because somebody else will tell you something new that you didn't know... and that that's all a lot of fun and why we do it in the first place.
All I had were my Dave Rogers books from back in the 1980s, and whilst brilliant, it is interesting to see how much more information has come to light to refine what we know about all the series/seasons.
Dave's books are treasured possessions and were vital in the explosion of archive TV related books in the 1980s and 1990s. They were a godsend and really blazed a trail in this area that I don't think anything since quite equals in the sense of an advance. But, that said, things have moved on... and it's great having all those other voices in their too with their own research and their own views: Michael Richardson, Alan and Alys Hayes, Richard McGinlay, Chris Bentley, Paul Cornell, Keith Topping, Martin Day, Rodney Marshall, Marcus Hearn, James Chapman, Toby Miller and the rest with all their different takes... and all the lovely websites with amazing content from people like Piers Johnson, Anthony McKay, David K Smith, JZ Ferguson, etc. etc.

Gosh - it's a lot of fun isn't it?

All the best

Andrew
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Andrew Pixley wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:33 am Still hoping that we can get all the existing material released. Just wish it had happened while Laurie Johnson was still with us...
I'd hoped to see some movement on the Dankworth tapes by now, too.

Ironically - since it's by the least famous composer - the most comprehensive release(s) so far seem to have been Howard Blake's Tara-era stuff!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

yeah, I would certainly would love to see more material..even alternative cuts / cues from Dankworth. The Howard Blake material, isn't bad,
either..as the series had the good fortune of having Dankworth, Johnson, and Blake write for it.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I only had this one with some sounds and conversation (ripped from an episode). Thanks for sharing.