Cathy Gales on Bluray

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Cathy Gales on Bluray

Post by mousemeat »

how true...having it as good as it gets....media wise...then again, there was something about those VHS releases...and not those horrid bootlegs..

in fact, I still have some of my initial VHS releases..sitting on one of my book shelfs...sorta look kinda cool....
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:32 pm how true...having it as good as it gets....media wise...then again, there was something about those VHS releases...and not those horrid bootlegs..

in fact, I still have some of my initial VHS releases..sitting on one of my book shelfs...sorta look kinda cool....
Yes, the VHSs are quite nostalgic for me. I kept the insert sleeves for the art and 2blurb". Sadly, the page about the USA ones is not archived and the websites have gone, though I can still see the UK ones: https://web.archive.org/web/20190906041 ... uk_vhs.htm
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

such a rich word...Nostalgic...yeah, lot of the U.S. sites, are gone..but I'll give it a try, and see if any turns up...as for my VHS stash...not a lot anymore,
as years ago, when DVD's first hit the U.S. market, I sold many of 'em off....and when you think about it, DVD's are simply smaller versions of those
huge laser discs...remember those ? they were such a upgrade visually / sound wise from BETA / VHS...but I couldn't afford 'em at the time..going for $25-30 dollars a pop.......and I do keep a working VHS player hooked up to one of my old analog tube TV's...where I can check out tapes, from time
to time...
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

I was watching Greg Bakun's "From The Archives" Youtube channel and his video about the Doctor Who 20th anniversary story that came out on laser disk, and all the shenagigans they had to do with modifying various machines in order to play British video versions of it as well. Very technical and quite daunting, I couldn't cope now at my age - if it doesn't plug and play, I ain't interested!
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

I can definitely understand that concept..of ' plug and play '...I'm circling that tech drain...lol

I occasionally come across laser discs at yard sales, and thrift stores..and every once in a blue moon, I come across a working player...

last year, came across a brand new, still in box, never played laser disc player..JVC..and the price was almost nil...

I'm wondering if one day, releases will be region free...probably not
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Apparently old VHS tapes can now be worth a pretty penny. Some youngsters prefer the nostalgia over the advantages of HD.
Wonder whether The Avengers tapes will go up in value.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Allard wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:31 pm Apparently old VHS tapes can now be worth a pretty penny. Some youngsters prefer the nostalgia over the advantages of HD.
not surprised....somewhat.....Avengers VHS $$$ in value ? Then I'm sitting on a gold mine....truthfully, probably not. then again,
who the heck knows ?
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:07 am
Allard wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:31 pm Apparently old VHS tapes can now be worth a pretty penny. Some youngsters prefer the nostalgia over the advantages of HD.
not surprised....somewhat.....Avengers VHS $$$ in value ? Then I'm sitting on a gold mine....truthfully, probably not. then again,
who the heck knows ?
They're worth what someone is prepared to pay for them... antiques go up and down in price, over the generations things fall in and out of fashion. The only way to find out is to advertise them for sale and see what offers you get!
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:37 am
mousemeat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:07 am
who the heck knows ?
They're worth what someone is prepared to pay for them... antiques go up and down in price, over the generations things fall in and out of fashion. The only way to find out is to advertise them for sale and see what offers you get!
true...and would go for just about anything ..for example, I recent found a couple of copies of my long running FANZINE, ' Loafing The Donkey' -some earlier issues..for sale on eBay...they were asking $41.00 and two others at $39.00 and $8.00.....WTF.....LOL....that was sorta mind boggling....and I also saw one of my art exhibit booklets, ' Telekinesis ' from my 2022 exhibit, some one else was selling it at almost $18.00 USD...so again, you can certainly put a price on anything, from a bottle cap, to some Avengers VHS tapes, and more...