Original script

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Re: Original script

Post by cyberrich »

A fascinating glimpse of what Patrick and Diana would have been reading in bed at that time.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Has anyone seen any modern scripts? Would I be right in thinking the layout is the same as in this script, which is nearly 58 years old. 13. INT. CAR. DAY for example. I've seen this layout a lot in old scripts but I'm sure it's still common practice today.
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled from now on for one of these scripts. Hopefully I can find one a bit cheaper than £820!
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Yes, modern scripts have the same layout. There's software and word templates to help you lay them out these days, of course.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:18 pm Yes, modern scripts have the same layout. There's software and word templates to help you lay them out these days, of course.
very true..especially the newer series...but back in the heyday, of the Avengers, Danger Man, etc...it was done on a typesetter, then printed out for ' x ' number of copies, for cast and crew, when needed...of course, being 50 years plus, there isn't a whole heck of a lot of them left, let alone for potential sale...
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Andrew Pixley wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:13 pm Ah! No! These codes! The designation isn't entirely a date code. They're project codes within a year and they all relate to 'E' for Elstree Studios (i.e. ABPC). The next two digits - '64' or '66' - is the year in which the project/series starts production; the Tara King episodes have the root code 'E.67.9' which is apparently the ninth project commenced at Elstree in 1967. The second series of "The Third Man" had the root code 'E.62.3' - the third project started in 1962 (i.e. March 1962). "The Saint" was 'E.62.7' (starting May/Jun 1962), "Espionage" was 'E.62.11' (pilot shooting November 1962), "Gideon's Way" was 'E.64.6', etc.

At a guess looking at what was in studio, I'd guess 'E.62.4' was "The Punch and Judy Man", 'E.62.5' was "We Joined the Navy" and 'E.62.6' was "Summer Holiday". As I say, guesses, but that seems to be what the codes refer to...

Hope that makes sense.

Andrew
And I just found a document with more of these blessed codes, so thought it prudent to post them here for general use and interest before they vanish into my filing again...

E66/1 "Prehistoric Women" (Hammer feature starting Jan)
E66/2 "The Saint" (Bamore/ITC series starting Feb)
E66/3 "The Vampire Killers" (comedy-horror feature starting Feb)
E66/4 "The Double Man" (thriller feature starting May)
E66/5 "Mister Ten Per Cent" (comedy feature starting Jul)
E66/6 "The Avengers": Series 2
E66/7 "The Solarnauts" (Wonderama SF pilot for TV series in Dec)

E67/1 "The Champions" (ITC series starting Feb)
E67/2 "Half a Sixpence" (musical feature which moved from Shepperton to ABPC in Mar)
E67/3 "The Anniversary" (Hammer feature starting May)
E67/4 "Vengeance of She" (Hammer horror feature starting Jun)
E67/5 "The Lost Continent" (Hammer fantasy feature starting Oct)
E67/6 "The Devil Rides Out" (Hammer horror feature starting Aug)
E67/7 "The Market Lane Mob" [i.e. "The Magnificent Six and a Half"] (Childrens Film Foundation shorts starting Aug)
E67/8 "Hammerhead" (thriller feature starting Sep)
E67/9 "The Avengers": Series 3

Hope that's of interest...

Andrew