valued Avenger item

Buy, Sell and Trade your Avengers items.
Allard
The Ministry

Re: valued Avenger item

Post by Allard »

By the way: my most desired item would be the original press kits that came with every season. Especially the outside art work.
There should be a facsimile release of these.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

This is the Castle De'ath jigsaw. I love the vintage stuff!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

wow, thanks for posting it...it's so cool....what a find !
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Perhaps oddly, my favourite Avengers possessions aren't really Avengers items as such, or at least not to do with the TV series: the reel-to-reel off-air audio tapes of the South African radio series, sent to me and Alys by the lovely and much-missed John Wright, and the Diana Rigg 8mm films (Golden Key, Diadem, Minikillers), which are the actual prints used for the official Avengers DVD and Blu-rays.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

myself, never seen the open reel tapes of the radio series....but I have seen the olde 8mm copies of mini killers, etc..at several comic conventions..of course, I believe they were simply straight 8mm, rather than the newer super 8mm, but I could be wrong...as a kid, my aunt bought me a kodak 8mm projector, and I bought many a 8mm title, mostly sci-fi, TV fare like Time Tunnel, invaders , Batman....and in film school, we originally shot projects initially in 8mm, before moving on to either 16, or 35 mm....and when I was working at WMC-TV 5, just before video tape took hold, station shot in 16mm, for stories...and when they said film at 11 (pm) they weren't kidding...'cuz at 10:30, I was wiping down the footages, hoping any / all splices would hold, as I was ready to load it on to the film chain......talk about the stone age.....lol
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

I think I owned just about everything at one time in the 90's, all sold on now. The only item I have left which has great sentimental value is the complete set of five Age of Elegance porcelain Figurines. I've never seen them up for sale anywhere in the last 10 years, in fact they were pretty tricky to get at their time of release. I think they were advertised as porcelain but were in fact 'porcelain resin'. Emma Peel used to lean over during the summer as her thin resin ankles used to buckle under the heat. I paid a small fortune about 15 years ago to have metal rods professionally inserted up through her feet into her legs so it wouldn't happen.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Avengerholic wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:41 pm I think I owned just about everything at one time in the 90's, all sold on now. The only item I have left which has great sentimental value is the complete set of five Age of Elegance porcelain Figurines. I've never seen them up for sale anywhere in the last 10 years, in fact they were pretty tricky to get at their time of release. I think they were advertised as porcelain but were in fact 'porcelain resin'. Emma Peel used to lean over during the summer as her thin resin ankles used to buckle under the heat. I paid a small fortune about 15 years ago to have metal rods professionally inserted up through her feet into her legs so it wouldn't happen.

have never seen this...any chance you can post a pict ? sounds like a wonderful item to have
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

I'll take one and post it, Oddly I've just tried to look them up on the net but can't find any pictures. I think it's usually believed that there were four in the set but there was actually five, Cathy, Emma, Tara and two Steeds, one in grey suit and one in 'country attire' as I think it was called.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

You previously discussed the Age of Elegance figurines here: https://www.dissolute.com.au/avengersfa ... php?t=3218 there are smatterings of them here and there but you're right, they barely get a mention on the internet although that's possibly due to the cloud of Marvel Avengers figurines obscuring them.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.