No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 29

peabody
Have Fingers... Will Type!

4.02 - The Master Minds

Post by peabody »

Discuss, review and rate The Master Minds, produced Thursday 17th December 1964 to Friday 8th January 1965.

Teleplay by Robert Banks Stewart
Directed by Peter Graham Scott
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I gave 5
Ron
Last Watched : Angels Of Death
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

Hmm. 17 votes for this so far but not much discussion.

I enjoyed this, I thought the plot and characters were good. Several nice scenes with Steed's original Bentley (the 4 1/2 litre now in Switzerland). I was slightly troubled by two instances of stock footage of London which is not very "Avengerland".

8/10
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I gave it a 7/10. It has a sterling plot with great sets, well played villains and some humourous passages but it doesn't quite have everything.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
tigerman
White Dwarf

master minds

Post by tigerman »

one of my favorite b/w episodes of series 4. Loved how Emma helped Steed with the ' answers '....to join the group. priceless !
chuckrhorton55
White Dwarf

Re: master minds

Post by chuckrhorton55 »

tigerman wrote:one of my favorite b/w episodes of series 4. Loved how Emma helped Steed with the ' answers '....to join the group. priceless !
I couldn't agree more.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: 4.02 - The Master Minds

Post by mousemeat »

what a fun episode....Steed, being a tad overwhelmed by the sheer smarts of the so called group...and Mrs. Peel, helping him with the 'answers' so
delicious.....and the fight at the end...loved it.....myself, one of the great episodes, of that season..
Borgus Weems
Winged Avenger

Post by Borgus Weems »

This one seemed really dark, character-wise. It's also a piece of two parts - the initial mystery about why the fancy-pants aristocracy genius was skulking criminally about, and then going to the brain-boaster's holiday camp of crime. It was fine enough, but it didn't seem as Avengers as some stories. Maybe that very two-part nature causes it to not linger as much in the mind.

On the fancy BluRay set, it really helped to understand the dialogue clearly, particularly in the beginning. Emma giving Steed the answers was very naughty & definitely a no-no in testing circles (my younger brother deals with collegiate-level testing, so he was obviously aghast at the lack of proper protocol)... of course, it was all for the forces of good!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

the forces of good, of course ! lol....the cheating scene, brought back memories for oui...as I remember in High School, several people resorted to behavior like that...etc...so naughty...Again, I loved the fight at the end...and this is one of my fave episodes...