No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 23

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
Ian Wegg wrote: I noticed an interesting blooper in the scene where Steed's Bentley runs out of control. I'll look for a thread for goofs).
There used to be a whole website for goofs and blunders in The Avengers, but sadly I think it's now defunct? Though might be readable using the Wayback Machine. I lost some bookmarks when an old computer died but will have a look for it.

yeah, I seem to remember a similar site (snapping my fingers) hmmm, I'll see if I can remember the site...maybe it's till up...or bits and pieces of it, ended up on you tube, etc
Allard
The Ministry

Re: 5.17 - Death's Door

Post by Allard »

Just watched the episode THE MAZE from the tv show THE BARON.

First of all, the best episode of that series so far, but also interesting for Avengers fans. First we see the origins of the giant cat head we see on the studio grounds in EPIC, but also the episode as a whole:

Mannering gets accidentally involved in a kidnap and is drugged and his dream offers clues to what really happened. The whole things felt like a combination of The Saint and The Avengers, especially Death's Door with its dream sequence coming very close. Brian Clemens co-wrote this episode and although he has no writing credits for Death's Door, I can't help but see the one inspiring the other.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519184/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I have stated in the past that the Peel colours are the most formulaic of all the Avengers seasons, but Death's Door can't be accused of this.

We have few back-to-the-apartment scenes and apart from the dreams-made-real plot its quite down to earth for the Avengers. Also no eccentric characters. This could have been a Department S (or a similar ITC show) episode. But the episodes works well because the story takes you along and is well brought to the screen. It compensates for the lack of typical "Avengers frivolity", but we still get our proper share of nice Steed/Peel moments.

Also one for the details section: when Ian Cuthbertson's character stumbles in his first dream there is a square patch of carpet in the same colour on the floor. Very conspicuous, but I guess less so on a 60s tv set. Pretty sure sure this is so the actor knows where to go down and be in shot of the camera.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Allard wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:22 pm I have stated in the past that the Peel colours are the most formulaic of all the Avengers seasons, but Death's Door can't be accused of this.

We have few back-to-the-apartment scenes and apart from the dreams-made-real plot its quite down to earth for the Avengers. Also no eccentric characters. This could have been a Department S (or a similar ITC show) episode. But the episodes works well because the story takes you along and is well brought to the screen. It compensates for the lack of typical "Avengers frivolity", but we still get our proper share of nice Steed/Peel moments.

Also one for the details section: when Ian Cuthbertson's character stumbles in his first dream there is a square patch of carpet in the same colour on the floor. Very conspicuous, but I guess less so on a 60s tv set. Pretty sure sure this is so the actor knows where to go down and be in shot of the camera.
That's a hard call...somewhat...formulaic ? I wouldn't go as far to suggest that..granted, the Peel color episodes, don't have the depth, wit, or photography, of the monochrome era...of course, the scripts, weren't as good..but I'm sure there are some people here, who really prefer the color era..myself, I loved the monochrome episodes, and not interested in seeing them colorized...should that option be taken...
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

mousemeat wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 am
Allard wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:22 pm I have stated in the past that the Peel colours are the most formulaic of all the Avengers seasons, but Death's Door can't be accused of this.

That's a hard call...somewhat...formulaic ? I wouldn't go as far to suggest that..granted, the Peel color episodes, don't have the depth, wit, or photography, of the monochrome era...of course, the scripts, weren't as good..but I'm sure there are some people here, who really prefer the color era..myself, I loved the monochrome episodes, and not interested in seeing them colorized...should that option be taken...

It is not so much a criticism but an observation. The series five episodes are more similarly structured.
Weird thing happens (often later again), the Avengers arrive on the scene, back to the apartment, another incident, Avengers investigate, and so on.
The monochrome Peels and Tara Kings are just more unique and distinct from each other.