That Hallway Looks Familiar!

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
unclefester
Little Wonder

That Hallway Looks Familiar!

Post by unclefester »

I wonder just how many episodes included a scene or two from the well worn "hallway" on the studio set?

I get a kick out of discovering yet another scene in the oh-so-familiar hall, that despite the effort of the crew to change wall paper and colour scheme looks 90 per cent the same.

I'm hoping the two scenes below from Invasion of the Earth Men and The Superlative Seven illustrate my point. Other than Steed's and Emma's flat I suggest this area got plenty of air time.

Do you agree? And can you add any other episodes that also feature this hallway?

HHHHHHallway11.jpg
HHHHHHallway11.jpg (250.16 KiB) Viewed 102 times
HHHHHHHallway22.jpg
HHHHHHHallway22.jpg (263.2 KiB) Viewed 102 times
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: That Hallway Looks Familiar!

Post by Frankymole »

I guess it is to The Avengers what running down corridors is to Doctor Who!
Last watched: "The Wringer"
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Just watched an THE BARON last evening and one of the sets could just as well have been a screenshot from THE AVENGERS (or THE SAINT/DEPARTMENT S/....).
Probably a lot of overlap in set builders and as we know in props.

I just doesn't bother me, because it is not a mistake and why watch to just find faults? I quite like spotting these.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

The hallway with the pointed archways turns up all over the place - Castle De'ath, Too Many Christmas Trees, The House that Jack Built, What the Butler Saw etc.
The exact same creepy old house set is use for The Joker and The Superlative Seven and I remember that the one in Don't Look Behind You turns up again later as well.

Then there's that cast iron spiral staircase...
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Allard wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 pm Just watched an THE BARON last evening and one of the sets could just as well have been a screenshot from THE AVENGERS (or THE SAINT/DEPARTMENT S/....).
Probably a lot of overlap in set builders and as we know in props.

I just doesn't bother me, because it is not a mistake and why watch to just find faults? I quite like spotting these.
Quite a lot of the furniture seemed to shuttle back and forth in the various Elstree/Borehamwood scene stores, prankster Roger Moore used to hide in wardrobes that were used in The Saint and then jump out of them in the studio for shows like The Avengers (but I presume he hadn't been in there all the time in-between!).
Last watched: "The Wringer"