Where are they now?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Yes but she does still sing at the annual cheese festival in the little village she lives. (Not many people attend).
Borgus Weems
Winged Avenger

Post by Borgus Weems »

I think that Steed & Peel are now married after Peter Peel ran off with Tara.

I like to think that S & P travel a great deal, and wherever they stay, people drop like flies just like they do for Jessica Fletcher, and they must solve the crimes!

But what about MOTHER???
Boswell
Thingumajig

Post by Boswell »

Steed finally snapped in the 1980s and became a reactionary old soak as they started letting in 'the wrong sort of people,' into his club, when a supermarket tried to build a store in his back garden and when he saw plots and diabolical masterminds in his local garden centre.

Cathy Gale remarried, concentrated on artistic expression and slid into old age as a total eccentric, got divorced and developed a fascination with toy boys. Her phallic clay sculptures caused a furore in The Daily Mail. Her attempt at writing a sitcom was quickly forgotten. She now lives on the Dorset coast and calls everyone darling.

Emma Peel was nearly crushed to death by her sense of self importance. She quickly divorced her husband when life proved to be not as exciting as when working for Steed. She moved to America and worked for the United Nations where she became a minor celebrity amongst certain circles, romatically linked to various aspiring presidents of their day. She now lives in a bottle and slurs her speech following a disastrous stint as ambassador to somewhere. Which is so English, don't you think?

After 30 odd skirmishes resulting in a high casualty rate amongst poorly trained, incompetent and frankly useless British agents, Tara King ended up working in and then running a spy school for the British secret services whose seemingly limited budget allowed her imagination to run riot until the oil crisis in the 70s meant it had to be scaled back to a shed and three chairs. She had problems with the elitist, sexist attitude of the students (all sons from the Shires) and emigrated to Cuba.

Mother's rather outlandish approach to his budget meant he was soon replaced with a more spendthrift controller. Mother didn't really mind retiring but rather missed the tight sweaters worn by Rhonda.

Rhonda, after nearly shoving Mother into a empty lift shaft became a street entertainer with a knife throwing routine. She eventually married a junior clerk from F Division and had too many children.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

^Well Boswell, your thoughts on how are heroes ended up certainly are interesting and different :lol:
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

Mother married Rhonda, but divorced her after a year because she just wouldn't shut up. . .
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

whoa

Post by mousemeat »

Philippa wrote:^Well Boswell, your thoughts on how are heroes ended up certainly are interesting and different :lol:
i concur, as well...(LOL)
Boswell
Thingumajig

Post by Boswell »

Bless you.

As for Keel, I like to think he married his secretary and practised his medecine quietly until one day he saw The Producers and thought 'I have that effect on my elderly patients too...' and is currently hiding in Spain.

Ooh! Venus Smith! A night club singer at the beginning of the Sixties! Well, changed her name and moved to notting Hill and is neighbours to Eddie Monsoon and twitches her curtains every now and then, whistfully wishing she had a major fashion label and one of the Spice girls popping round. She gets a little tried of Patsy falling over into her geranium patch every other night though...