The WORST Episode

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Courier13 wrote:With my viewing of the Season 3 and Season 4 DVD's coming to an end, these are the 10 episodes that left me a bit underwhelmed (from both those seasons):

The Nutshell
The Grandeur That Was Rome
The Wringer
Trojan Horse
Esprit de Corps

Castle De'ath
Two's a Crowd
Small Game For Big Hunters
The Thirteenth Hole
Quick-Quick Slow Death

I would like to say that The Nutshell is probably the most puzzling episode of all, as it ranks rather high on the top 10 lists of other forum members.

The rest of the episodes vary from good to excellent (I only need to watch How to succeed and Honey).
What? The Nutshell? Are you sure you rate this as one of the worst? :shock: Nutshell is terrific. One of the best. I also love The Wringer and Castle De'ath which you were underwhelmed with. How different we all are! Be a dull old world if we were all the same I suppose, but ...how can you not like The Nutshell? :shock:
The worst Cathy episodes were;
Season 2 Six hands across the table, Conspiracy of silence
season 3 Trojan horse, secrets broker
Though these are far superior to the awful Venus Smith episodes.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

I was surprised too to see The Nutshell, The Wringer and Castle De'ath on that list. Especially The Nutshell, in my opinion it's a brilliant episode, one of the best Cathy Gale ones :D
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Nothing is as bad as Homicide and Old Lace. If they'd all been as lousy as that this forum wouldn't have any visitors.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Can I add Box of Tricks, not nearly as revolting as Look Stop Me If You Heard This One........ but almost embarrassing to watch.
Courier13
Thingumajig

Post by Courier13 »

cyberrich wrote:What? The Nutshell? Are you sure you rate this as one of the worst? :shock: Nutshell is terrific. One of the best.
What do you like about it? For me it was a confusing mess (who knew what about who?), perhaps that is the point to a spy series, but I like to love the fantasy part a bit more. It also loses major points for Steed and his lack of concern for the death of his informant :(

There are other episodes that aren't my favourites, but I can see what attracted people to it. The Nutshell is a rather simple spy story when you break it down.

cyberrich wrote: I also love The Wringer and Castle De'ath which you were underwhelmed with. How different we all are! Be a dull old world if we were all the same I suppose, but ...how can you not like The Nutshell? :shock:
Well, The Wringer is basically The Nuthshell II (it has THE SAME PLOT OUTLINE, I'm not kidding; just watch how Steed and Gale play this in the end). Castle De'Ath has a rather obvious twist and a submarine???? What??

But yes, it would be a dull world if we liked all the same. I am happy though that I watched the episodes before reading the reviews (on the forums), otherwise I might have been influenced (especially since my favourites turned out to be different then those of the majority of the fans).