Latest episode you've seen..

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

BitShifter wrote:I just re-watched "Correct Way to Kill", since some people here had been recommending it. I had completely forgotten one of my favorite moments of the entire Emma series (S4 and 5):

Emma is locked in the head Russian spy's office as a pseudo-hostage, since Ivan has gone missing. She decides to pass the time by cracking the safe and going through the other side's files. She holds up a photo from the file; the picture side faces the camera, and we can see that it is Steed, looking debonair. She reads the back, then turns the photo to look at Steed's face. On the back we can see the handwritten evaluation: DANGEROUS, and below it, HANDLE WITH CARE. Emma repeats the procedure with another photo; as it faces the camera, we see it is her picture. She gives a little smile as she reads the back, and when she flips it over, we see handwritten: VERY DANGEROUS! and below that DO NOT HANDLE AT ALL.
I saw The Correct Way To Kill last Sunday and had a similar experience. In my memory it was a bit typical run of the mill season five and too little substance. But I thoroughly enjoyed it, great characters, many great lines and a nice (faux)stylishness. Actually quite a nice break in some ways from the season five formula.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Watched "The Tale of the Big Y" last thursday on BBC4. Hadn't seen this for a while but it was immensely enjoyable. It's just a good fun, well plotted episode with a wonderful summery feel.
Alex McKenna
Nutshell

Post by Alex McKenna »

I agree, it was witty and amusing, in an Peel era kind of way.
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

Six Hands Across A Table: sorry, but I still find it as dull as ditchwater.
Brief for Murder: A great episode with a great plot and villains who are a joy to watch.
Courier13
Thingumajig

Post by Courier13 »

How to Succeed....at Murder: 7/10
Honey For the Prince: 6/10

Also known as the sexist pair :lol:

People complain about other Emma outfits, but surely the one in the latter (plus sexist dance!) takes the biscuit? The only reason these episodes aren't rated even lower is the reveal (or rather the motive) in the former and the masseuse (hey, if you wanna do sexist, you might as well enjoy it :wink: ) in the latter (surely envolving her in the plot would have produced a more plausible story........HAREM, anyone??).
waldotyson
Thingumajig

Post by waldotyson »

The Living Dead.
"I say! I've just seen my first ghost"
"She's just seen her first ghost!"
"Welcome my lord. Allow me."
The Gaslight Ghoul
Winged Avenger

Post by The Gaslight Ghoul »

The Morning After.

I do love this episode, it's the empty city scenario, very atmospheric.
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

Death à la Carte.
Not a bad episode :)
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Sleeper - New Avengers. Dumb and unecessary reference to Kojak spoils a good episode...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

I don't know which episode to watch next. Any suggestions? :D