Avengerwear

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Whoa!!

darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Wow, I've never seen that picture before.

I can picture Linda Thorson wearing that outfit in a tag scene - possibly False Witness.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

While I love Tara King, I hate the vast majority of her wardobe. It's frumpy by comparison to what Emma Peel wore. I honestly think that they tried to make her look older than she was. I thought she looked fantastic in the orange suit from the credits, the pink furry coat from 'Have Guns', and in the short brown leather from 'They Keep Killing Steed'. And she looked a corker in the pink chiffon flowing thingy below. But the rest of it :? I thought the idea was for Tara to look more femenine that Cathy or Emma, she actually looked more like a bloke a lot of the time !

Polymath
Nutshell

Post by Polymath »

I think every outfit Emma wears in Quick Quick Slow Death looks terrific on her. I do so adore those two-color leather gloves she wears!

The Fear Merchants catsuit with the cut-out hips is very nice. I think she looks hot in that. :lol:

One of Steed's best outfits is the tan pinstripey/checked jacket combo he wears at the end of The Joker. You never see it again in the course of the series!!

Otherwise, I think I like almost every outfit Steed wears. However, his best episode for clothes is Death's Door.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Avengerholic wrote:While I love Tara King, I hate the vast majority of her wardobe. It's frumpy by comparison to what Emma Peel wore. I honestly think that they tried to make her look older than she was. I thought she looked fantastic in the orange suit from the credits, the pink furry coat from 'Have Guns', and in the short brown leather from 'They Keep Killing Steed'. And she looked a corker in the pink chiffon flowing thingy below. But the rest of it :? I thought the idea was for Tara to look more femenine that Cathy or Emma, she actually looked more like a bloke a lot of the time !

The pink one's nice. I like her in the black dress from the opening credits as well.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Avengerholic wrote:While I love Tara King, I hate the vast majority of her wardobe. It's frumpy by comparison to what Emma Peel wore.
Thigh boots are frumpy?

Good gracious.
Last watched: "Concerto"
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Frankymole wrote:
Avengerholic wrote:While I love Tara King, I hate the vast majority of her wardobe. It's frumpy by comparison to what Emma Peel wore.
Thigh boots are frumpy?

Good gracious.
I did say the "vast majority", that doesn't mean all. I mean this look when I say frumpy -

darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

That isn't one of her better outfits. The shape's fine if not outstanding but the colours and pattern are nasty rather than frumpy. Alun Hughes did better variations on the trousers and waistcoat design. This is the one she wears in the opening credits.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I'm puzzled by the idea of Tara looking more "like a man" than Emma Peel - in half the fight scenes Emma Peel *is* a man!
Last watched: "Concerto"
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Frankymole wrote:I'm puzzled by the idea of Tara looking more "like a man" than Emma Peel - in half the fight scenes Emma Peel *is* a man!
I think you're simply taking my opinion to the extreme here. Compared to Emma Peel, Tara King's wardrobe is on the most part masculine looking. That is of course only my opinion :wink: