Custom Avengers Action figures

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Just screwed the head on a body, it looks great :D Plus before I lose interest in Tara's head I've started a second version. Tara from her early episodes in the blonde wig, so she needs a complete resulpt :) Either in the tan leather outfit at the end of Invasion or in the pink coat from Have Guns :wink: can't decide which :?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Very interested in a 'blonde Tara'. The pink fur coat or the tanned fighting suit would be fine - or what about the grey shorts with the black thigh boots and fur jacket from TFMK?
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Very interested in a 'blonde Tara'. The pink fur coat or the tanned fighting suit would be fine - or what about the grey shorts with the black thigh boots and fur jacket from TFMK?
I like the idea of the grey shorts and black thigh boots only she had dark hair with those. In fact that's what I nearly dressed Tara Mk1 in. I think I'll go with the pink fur for the blonde version. Anyway head on body and the suit skirt has now been made :D
Last edited by Avengerholic on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Avengerholic wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Very interested in a 'blonde Tara'. The pink fur coat or the tanned fighting suit would be fine - or what about the grey shorts with the black thigh boots and fur jacket from TFMK?
I like the idea of the grey shorts and black thigh boots only she had dark hair with those. In fact that's what I nearly dressed Tara Mk1 in. I think I'll go with the pink fur for the blonde version. Anyway head on body and the suit skirt has now been made :D

Brilliant Ian!!! Didn't the 'Age of Elegance' statuette have the shorts and thigh boots?
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Thanks and yes she did :)
MaccaJack
Nutshell

Post by MaccaJack »

If only you'd sell these to order

:P

If not, you should make outfits for the Emma/Steed now and sell them
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

I don't think I'd have the time or the inclination ! Let alone the stress over breach of copyright. I will make a few Tara King costumes for fun though, probably from my own favourite episodes, Fog, Whoever Shot George, All Done With Mirrors ................
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Ok still lots to do on it but her outfit is at last starting to take shape :) Reproducing her costume with no pattern and this small is no easy feat ! At times today I wish I hadn't started this project :cry:

Last edited by Avengerholic on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Ian, you are simply amazing! I can't sew worth a lick (my mother has tried for years to teach me, but the poor dear has failed horribly.) so I admire anyone who can sew and bow to those who can sew without a pattern to go by!
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

You wouldn't believe the mess I have made for something so tiny ! It's a great pity because I can honestly say that she looks so much better in real life, I can't get the pictures to do it justice. The jacket still needs a collar, and it needs to be fitted more, but in essence at least its taken shape. And although I do say it myself, all in all it's a pretty good likeness for a 12" doll. Another fitting, a collar and shoes and she's done, but that's all work I'll leave for another day :wink:
Last edited by Avengerholic on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.