Bloopers & Gaffes !!

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:That's right,Rocky Taylor did a lot of the driving stunts too.

It's the back of his head you see driving the Bentley when Steed loses control on Spout Hill in Death's Door.
Rocky was always the one stuck in the Cybernaut suit, too, wasn't he? (I know that's true for TNA at least, and that he was Gareth's double as well).
I believe it was another stuntman by the name of Terry Richards in the earlier Cybernaught stories.

One of Rocky's earliest appearances in The Avengers was as the student who gets a punch in the nose when he sneaks up on Steed in A Sense Of History.
Was he really? There are worse debuts. :D I always like the way Steed deals with the students in A Sense of History. They deserve to be given a hard time, and it's priceless because they obviously think Steed'll be a soft touch, at least right up until he gets that cold look in his eye and starts threatening to break arms...
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Polymath
Nutshell

Post by Polymath »

Whilst watching The Girl From Auntie this evening, I noticed one that slipped by.

When Georgie goes through the list of her theatrical costumiers, the camera shows a door that says 'Theatrical Costumiers - - John Jacques, Paul Jacques, George Jacques, Fred Jacques'.

Yet, when they enter the costumiers' shop, the door actually says 'Starr Bros. Theatrical Costumiers'.
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Polymath wrote:Whilst watching The Girl From Auntie this evening, I noticed one that slipped by.

When Georgie goes through the list of her theatrical costumiers, the camera shows a door that says 'Theatrical Costumiers - - John Jacques, Paul Jacques, George Jacques, Fred Jacques'.

Yet, when they enter the costumiers' shop, the door actually says 'Starr Bros. Theatrical Costumiers'.
Never noticed that and I just watched this...thger is an awful gaffe in this ep when the innocent old lady is still talking but she must be throwing her voice because her lips ain't moving! :shock:
w84drlove
Nutshell

Bloopers

Post by w84drlove »

My favorite - Invasion of the Earthmen.
Tara takes off her vest and wipes away the spider webs and crawls into the tunnel. Then we see her smashing all the spiders with her vest and then stuffs the vest into the hole. Then we see her coming out of the tunnel without her vest. Next scene she is wearing the vest. I am sure the vest was expensive, but what women is going to put on a vest that is full of webs and gooey spider juice.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:
One of Rocky's earliest appearances in The Avengers was as the student who gets a punch in the nose when he sneaks up on Steed in A Sense Of History.
Really? I missed that one but I pegged him as one of the red-herring martial artists in "The Cybernauts". I'll check it out and update the site...
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
moorlock2003
Thingumajig

Post by moorlock2003 »

In "My Wildest Dream" there is a scene where the character Dyson says something while we see his reflection in a car mirror, but his lips aren't moving.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Bloopers & Gaffes !!

Post by Frankymole »

There are quite a few listed here:
http://theavengers.alexia.us/
Last watched: "Concerto"
Mararaboomdiay
Little Wonder

Post by Mararaboomdiay »

Philippa wrote:I can't remember the episode now, but when Emma's fighting with a man in the water her head goes under water and her hair's clearly wet, and the next moment her hair's dry again!
That's the exact scene that sprung to my mind too, reading the topic of this topic. I just can't remember the episode either though - frustrating! :|

I do enjoy those little mistakes though: the fact that the filming did not always went as smoothless as it looks, has its charm.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

That's: YOU HAVE JUST BEEN MURDERED
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

These images come from the absolutely, wonderfully, superbly Mrs. Peel we're needed Avengers website:
http://www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/index.html
http://www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/emmac ... rivia.html
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Avengerholic wrote:There is also that classic one where Steed walks into a building in a light grey suit and walks out in a dark blue one :lol: Can't remember the episode.
That must be "Never, Never Say Die", I think wardrobe stuffed up the sequence, because there's a similar sequence later on when he enters the building in the blue suit.

(p.s. thanks Allard, glad to see the site is of use).
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.