Which is your favourite Brian Clemens Season 5 Episode?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.

Which is your favourite Brian Clemens Season 5 Episode?

The Bird Who Knew Too Much
No votes
The Living Dead
2%
The Correct Way to Kill
27%
Epic
5%
The Superlative Seven
5%
The Joker
32%
Murdersville
29%

Total votes: 41

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Cariheart wrote:It was between Murdersville, The Joker and The Correct Way To Kill. All great stories with some of the best acting. It was very difficult but I finally chose The Joker for it's "creepy" factor! :D

I thought the same. I finally settled for Murdersville. It's an iconic episode and not a remake.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Hidden Tiger wasn't Clemens, Guillaume. Murdersville by miles for me.
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

A Funny Thing Happened is also great but as a Marshall script fiddled with by Clemens I guess this is ineligible.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:The Correct Way to Kill. I enjoy The Charmers, too, and in both cases there's a lot of fun to be had with Steed and Emma and their respective partners. And I love all the fencing scenes. It's basically a romp, but I like that sort of thing.
So do I.

Murdersville leaves a sour taste, isn't that great a plot, and Emma acts totally out of character (seems she checked her brain in at the door).
Last watched: "Concerto"
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

If Murdersville wasn't on there, I couldn't have voted in this poll at all as I do not care for those other episodes. Even the remakes of the Gale episodes are pale imitations of the original. I will say Peter Jeffrey does make a great villain in The Joker, and the set decoration is good, but I don't really care for the rest of it. The original Ola (Janine Grey) was way better!
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

This is difficult, but none of these episodes are real great too me.
The Joker, is good but a bit boring. The Correct Way To Kill is great fun and typical Avengers but not a great plot or story, just so Avengers that it's fun.
Epic is I think the best of these, a bit odd, not a real spy thriller, but overall a good episodes.
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Clemens is justifiably tagged as 'Mr Avengers' but after Season 4 the best episodes are rarely his. I prefer those of Williamson and Levene. Too many of Clemens' have an unpleasant feel to them where sadism replaces or undercuts surrealism.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Murdersville is the best on this list, followed by Joker. Not much of Patrick in these but I've always loved the psychological episodes.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:The Correct Way to Kill. I enjoy The Charmers, too, and in both cases there's a lot of fun to be had with Steed and Emma and their respective partners. And I love all the fencing scenes. It's basically a romp, but I like that sort of thing.
So do I.

Murdersville leaves a sour taste, isn't that great a plot, and Emma acts totally out of character (seems she checked her brain in at the door).
I used to really love Murdersville, and put it as a favourite, but I find now that all the solo Steed or Emma stories are lacking. Half of the brilliance of the Rigg era comes from the Steed/Emma interplay, so the instant you lose one of them, you lose something from the episode. This is in stark contrast to the Tara character, who gets stronger the less time she spends with Steed. I don't think it's a coincidence that some of her best stories are solo or nearly-solo efforts. The writers do a better job with her when they don't have to play her against Steed.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Rodney wrote:Clemens is justifiably tagged as 'Mr Avengers' but after Season 4 the best episodes are rarely his. I prefer those of Williamson and Levene. Too many of Clemens' have an unpleasant feel to them where sadism replaces or undercuts surrealism.
He does, and I agree with you. But I have read that BC re-wrote Levene's episodes to inject some humour. I well remember an interview where BC said "Philip Levene was like Linda Thorson. He had no sense of humour"
THE AVENGERS GALLERY