Avengers Jigsaws

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Avengers Jigsaws

Post by mousemeat »

Rhonda wrote:Many thanks for the images of four Avengers Jigsaws on the Dead Duck website. The 'No Escape' one has about half the pixel resolution than the others and I found another, possibly better, image of this one online here (scroll down the page)
so these are strictly UK issued ? I don't remember seeing something like this, in the States..But I could be wrong..
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I think so. The shop Woolworths (no longer trading) and the Arrow company.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Apart from novels I'm not sure what merchandise made it to the US when the show was in production.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

These jigsaw images come and go on the internet, presumably as they are traded, but here's the solo Steed one just now for anybody that doesn't know it:
It could be 10 Downing Street, although the door opens the other way, so maybe its a club or hotel?
Ron
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I think it is meant to be 10 Downing Street, or at least it's billed that way when listed in collector's guides. They might have reversed the image, or simply gotten it wrong--these things aren't known for their accuracy. :wink:

I managed to accumulate all four TNA puzzles a few years back, and had a lot of fun putting them together. It's tough to not accidentally vacuum up pieces, though. :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I think it is meant to be 10 Downing Street, or at least it's billed that way when listed in collector's guides. They might have reversed the image, or simply gotten it wrong--these things aren't known for their accuracy. :wink:

I managed to accumulate all four TNA puzzles a few years back, and had a lot of fun putting them together. It's tough to not accidentally vacuum up pieces, though. :lol:
I reckon the guides are wrong - 10 Downing Street always had a black door. Also, secret agents probably wouldn't leave by the front door (more likely to go through to another house in the street - they're connected).
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Who is the man letting him out? I can't tell if he's a policeman or not. He certainly isn't the typical bobby that stands outside No. 10.

Is there a description on the box of what is happening in the picture?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Who is the man letting him out? I can't tell if he's a policeman or not. He certainly isn't the typical bobby that stands outside No. 10.

Looks like a commissionaire, so presumably it is either a discreet hotel (small entrance, and commissionaire inside) or more likely one of Steed's clubs and he's just had a swift snifter. No wonder he looks merry!

I too would be interested in how the text on the box describes the scene.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Who is the man letting him out? I can't tell if he's a policeman or not. He certainly isn't the typical bobby that stands outside No. 10.

Looks like a commissionaire, so presumably it is either a discreet hotel (small entrance, and commissionaire inside) or more likely one of Steed's clubs and he's just had a swift snifter. No wonder he looks merry!

I too would be interested in how the text on the box describes the scene.
There aren't any text descriptions on the boxes, alas. Just reiterations that it's a TNA puzzle and the number of pieces, that kind of thing.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I wonder if Steed ever leaves a door like this in an episode of TNA? He doesn't feature as much as Purdey and Gambit of course.
Ron