Seven Avengers Movie Projects - only one got through!

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: I remember reading about this one in one of the series guides, with the opening scene being Steed's funeral, and all four of the Avengers women attending. They were going to have Emma's face veiled to get around the fact that Diana likely wouldn't do it.
A veil? Emma wasn't the widowy type. Better just to recast with another actressand say it was plastic surgery after a near death incident. Perhaps the same spot of trouble that 'killed' Steed.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: I remember reading about this one in one of the series guides, with the opening scene being Steed's funeral, and all four of the Avengers women attending. They were going to have Emma's face veiled to get around the fact that Diana likely wouldn't do it.
A veil? Emma wasn't the widowy type. Better just to recast with another actressand say it was plastic surgery after a near death incident. Perhaps the same spot of trouble that 'killed' Steed.
It would have been a pretty obvious workaround, too. There was going to be some whispering between Tara and Cathy as she walked by along the lines of, "That's Emma Peel" to let the audience in on it. Needless to say, Emma wasn't going to be joining in on the Avenging that time around. Maybe she was in on it all along, and went off to join Steed in the Bahamas? Maybe the veil was there to hide her grin? :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

I recently read an interview that Dennis Spooner gave to Vulcan magazine (I think in the 1980s) in which he mentioned how the unmade 1980 The First Avengers Movie would start:

"We had a Telly Savalas type of adventurer and the hook was him standing in a field, somewhere such as St Albans saying, "I am here where the ancient Roman armies marched, I can almost here the thunder of..." and you would hear stomp stomp stomp... the the grass begins to move and there are literally millions of ants, that you cannot see, at east not to begin with".

Dennis goes on to comment that it was an excellent script (even if he and Brian did write it)!

Of all the unmade Avengers movies this does sound the most intriguing. Its a shame it wasn't filmed.
Paul