what would you change?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I wouldn't want to change anything, because in the end it turned out perfect, proven by the fact that nearly fifty years later we are here discussing the show.
What would have been nice if the Macnee and Blackman Avengers film had indeed been made, as long as it hadn't cancelled out the later seasons.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

JohnSteedFr wrote:But there's still a dilemma with the NA ? Don't you think guys we should put Emma and Steed together while Purdey investigates with Mike ? :lol:
It would be the perfect match ! :)
That's what I've suggested.

A third New Avengers season with all three stars, followed by a Gambit/Purdey spin-off and a series of occasional Steed/Emma telemovies/specials.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I think there has been a similar thread to this, but ...

1. I'd have made the entire series on film from episode one. There would have been no wiped episodes.

2. I'd have given Diana Rigg zillions to have stayed onboard until the end of the series.

3. I'd have found a way to make a third New Avengers season, followed by a Gambit and Purdey series and a Steed/Peel series of telemovies.
I think we're all behind number one, Dandy. Even if someone had put a stop to the practice of taping over everything we'd be in better shape than we are today. Make a note: the first person here to invent a time machine, have a word with the policy makers. :wink:

I'd actually have like to see an episode with both Venus and Cathy, as was mooted. I think them sharing opinions about Steed would have been worth the price of admission alone. :lol:

I actually don't wish Diana had stayed on. I think two seasons is pretty much the max for an Avengers partner. I honestly don't think it would have lasted much longer with Diana than it did with Linda.

Number three is my biggest wish. I would've had TNA not have the funding problems it did, and gotten a decent regular time slot instead of being thrown all over the place from region to region. And I would have had a season three (and possibly four) with a few more writers to Brian Clemens could focus more on characterisation and continuity than on churning out more plots every week. I'd have liked it to focus more on character as a whole, which was TNA's real strength, maybe have a little active continuity/carry-over from one episode to another, preferably some progress in the Purdey/Gambit relationship, because really, it'd be ridiculous for them to go on that way forever. I'd like a nice wrap-up episode with Steed passing the torch to Purdey and Gambit. I wouldn't say no to the occasional TV special, though. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
JohnSteedFr wrote:But there's still a dilemma with the NA ? Don't you think guys we should put Emma and Steed together while Purdey investigates with Mike ? :lol:
It would be the perfect match ! :)
That's what I've suggested.

A third New Avengers season with all three stars, followed by a Gambit/Purdey spin-off and a series of occasional Steed/Emma telemovies/specials.
I thought Emma was missing ! :lol:
Sorry ;) I read too quickly.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

1. I'd have made the entire series on film from episode one. There would have been no wiped episodes.

2. I'd have given Diana Rigg zillions to have stayed onboard until the end of the series.

3. I'd have found a way to make a third New Avengers season, followed by a Gambit and Purdey series and a Steed/Peel series of telemovies.
I second Dandy's ideas! :) My own ideas will come in time...but for now I like where Dandy's going with it.
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Mrs. Peel
Little Wonder

Post by Mrs. Peel »

I'm sorry if there is already a thread, but it's quite impossible to read all posts :D
well I agree with your second idea :D that would be great! :D and it would be nice if there is only one scene where Steed and Emma are kissing - but the REAL characters (no who's who...) ;-)
Always keep your bowler on in times of stress!
Hoity-Toity!

http://theavengersrevisited.blogspot.com
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: what would you change?

Post by Frankymole »

I would not have banned black actors or black characters from the filmed seasons.
Last watched: "Concerto"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Re: what would you change?

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Frankymole wrote:I would not have banned black actors or black characters from the filmed seasons.
To be fair that was never fully realized in the end. Zia Mohyeddin and Johnny Sekka to name but two had major roles.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

[quote="Dandy Forsdyke"]I think there has been a similar thread to this, but ...

3. I'd have found a way to make a third New Avengers season, followed by a Gambit and Purdey series and a Steed/Peel series of telemovies.[/quote

i would concur on all of the above...perhaps in an alternative universe?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

mousemeat wrote:...perhaps in an alternative universe?

Yes, in Dandyland! 8)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY