Reavenging - Avengers Event - London 10/2010

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I should explain I don't think either projects are doing anything underhand, it's just a bit cart-before-the-horse to announce something on the 'net and then nothing. It does create cynicism when the trail goes cold.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Absolutely right.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
fantom
White Dwarf

Post by fantom »

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Dexter - and I'll be running the Avengers event on 10th October.

My company - Fantom Films - organise regular Doctor Who events in Chiswick and we are expanding using the same successful format to celebrate The Avengers.

There will be approximately 10 guests in attendance from both sides of the camera who will take part in stage panels and answer questions from the audience - followed by an oportunity to get their autographs.

Tickets are £35, which includes access to panels, a sounvenir programme and two autographs per guest. Extra autographs are £5 each and photos/merchandise will also be available for sale.

The first guest is now announced and others will follow in the forthcoming weeks. I can assure you there was nothing underhand - we want to get ahead and announce are intensions for an avengers event to start spreading the word!

Any questions or guest suggestions are welcome - and if you'll allow me, I'll pop back and give you news as and when I have it!

Cheers,

Dexter
www.fantomfilms.co.uk
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

fantom wrote:Hi Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Dexter - and I'll be running the Avengers event on 10th October.

My company - Fantom Films - organise regular Doctor Who events in Chiswick and we are expanding using the same successful format to celebrate The Avengers.

There will be approximately 10 guests in attendance from both sides of the camera who will take part in stage panels and answer questions from the audience - followed by an oportunity to get their autographs.

Tickets are £35, which includes access to panels, a sounvenir programme and two autographs per guest. Extra autographs are £5 each and photos/merchandise will also be available for sale.

The first guest is now announced and others will follow in the forthcoming weeks. I can assure you there was nothing underhand - we want to get ahead and announce are intensions for an avengers event to start spreading the word!

Any questions or guest suggestions are welcome - and if you'll allow me, I'll pop back and give you news as and when I have it!

Cheers,

Dexter
www.fantomfilms.co.uk
Wow Dexter,

Thank you for coming here to give us the scoop on the Avengers event for October 10th! It sounds exciting and fun. So there you go guys..start saving those pennies and get your tickets. :D

And Dexter, any news you care to share with us is always welcome.
Kim
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Very interesting first guest, too. Murray Melvin. A fascinating career encompassing The Avengers, Diary of a Nobody, Jonathan Creek, Torchwood (in which he was one of the few saving graces) and collaborations with the likes of Ken Russell and Stanley Kubrick.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

For me Murray Melvin will always be Geoffrey in A Taste of Honey. A brave role to play in the early 60s.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Jasper Groat
Thingumajig

Post by Jasper Groat »

"The dream has gone, but the baby is real".
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Peter J. Elliot now announced too. Stuntman and (I always find this funny) Diana Rigg's stunt double. ;)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Alan wrote:Peter J. Elliot now announced too. Stuntman and (I always find this funny) Diana Rigg's stunt double. ;)
I only remember Billy Westley being mentioned as Diana Rigg male stunt double. I didn't know there had been others.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Alan wrote:Peter J. Elliot now announced too. Stuntman and (I always find this funny) Diana Rigg's stunt double. ;)
I only remember Billy Westley being mentioned as Diana Rigg male stunt double. I didn't know there had been others.
It's so nice that they gave other people a turn in the leather--Billy couldn't hog it all for himself. :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14