Avengers viewing tradition

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Mrs. Peel
Little Wonder

Post by Mrs. Peel »

hans wrote:I sometimes have a cup of tea :D
very british :-)
Always keep your bowler on in times of stress!
Hoity-Toity!

http://theavengersrevisited.blogspot.com
hans
Nutshell
Location: Norwich, Norfolk UK (Colman's mustard and Lotus land)

Post by hans »

I can't help it :), when I see some one drinking tea I think "mmmmmm I want one" - so it helps to be prepared.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Like you, Dfrise, I do watch the Avengers as a bit of a treat. Last thing of the day, just before turning in for the night. But do I do something different when watching the Avengers? Not really, as most times when I watch TV, first a cup of coffee and later a soft drink. But sometimes a glass of sparkling wine, which is Avengerish

I do have certain days of the week on which I watch the Avengers. Usually I watch on Sundays, but the New Avengers I almost always watch on Fridays as I do with the non-Cathy Gale season two episodes. Peel colour and Tara Kings sometimes on Saturdays but Peel monochromes almost always on Sundays. This isn't so much intentionally, but it kind of happened and now I just feel like watching one of that season on that day. But I will watch it at other times if I feel like it.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

hans wrote:I can't help it :), when I see some one drinking tea I think "mmmmmm I want one" - so it helps to be prepared.

A cup of tea for me usually means a teabag in a mug, but there is certainly something about a tray with a teapot, china cups and saucers, milk jug and sugar bowl that makes me think I should make more of an effort.

And I want someone to say "Shall I be mother?", "One lump or two?" and "Biscuit?"
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

I have converted most of the episodes to watch them on my iPhone whilst on my daily hour train journey to work, it may be a small screen but I find it quite exciting sitting down to watch an episode whilst everyone else is looking bored!

:D

P.S The mono Peel episodes always remind me of the long autumn nights too, except The Hour That Never Was which reminds me of when it was filmed July. :D
Johnny O
Winged Avenger

Post by Johnny O »

Big Bear wrote:I have converted most of the episodes to watch them on my iPhone whilst on my daily hour train journey to work
How did you do that? I'd love to watch my DVDs on my iPhone when travelling.
Mrs. Peel
Little Wonder

Post by Mrs. Peel »

hans wrote:I can't help it :), when I see some one drinking tea I think "mmmmmm I want one" - so it helps to be prepared.

oh yes :-) I love tea. Especially on cold nights or at 5 o clock :-)
Always keep your bowler on in times of stress!
Hoity-Toity!

http://theavengersrevisited.blogspot.com
hans
Nutshell
Location: Norwich, Norfolk UK (Colman's mustard and Lotus land)

Post by hans »

Ditto, it feels right to have a mug during a black and white episode. I only watch episodes when Im at home by my self or I have to wrestle with mum to let me watch them on the computer or the TV, she gives me the eye roll and sigh when I ask :D.
I normally completely forget about them as well, as my memory is a bit bad it kind of slips out of my mind, so when I do get round to watch one its been between a week to a couple of months...(that sounds quite bad, its funny what things I do remeber).
Slowly but surly Im making my way through the first box set I have (and the only one :) ).
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Viewing The Avengers

Post by Halfhide »

Sunday afternoons are definitely my Avengers viewing time - I'm due to watch one in the next hour or so :P Which one is it..... ah yes - Six Hands Across A Table. As you can tell I've nearly finished the first Box Set. Series 3 Box Set all lined up and raring to go! :lol:

I usually watch The Avengers with a cup of coffee and a few biscuits. I also have a pen and paper to note down any comments to post on this forum.

Talking of which, it's always hard to know which thread to post comments on about a particular episode. Should there be a thread for each episode perhaps??
Last watched: The Undertakers
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

The only tradition is that when we both watch it's usually Emma Peel ones, because she likes them the best. This weekend has been an exception; my choice 'The Removal Men' and there's a bit of a cult thing going on tonight - 'Homicide And Old Lace', for the 3rd time! We both like it.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators