Avengers calendar 2011

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

It wouldn't be so bad if they had licensed to another company, but they don't appear to have done so. A terrible shame that we will be without a popular piece of high quality merchandise in 50th Anniversary year. A missed opportunity, and I'm sorry to hear that your plans for the calendar have hit the buffers, Jaz.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Post by oneknightsteed »

What a disappointment! I suppose I'll have to recycle through my old Avengers calendars. Can't imagine hanging any other in its place. :cry:
Last edited by oneknightsteed on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha
supersimon
Thingumajig

Post by supersimon »

Very sad news, but an opportunity to thank Jaz for all his hard work in putting previous editions together
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Absolutely! Jaz has done a splendid job on them over the years. Let's hope he has further opportunities in the future.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Here here! Thank you so much Jaz for all those terrific calendars. I've bought every one since the first in '98. I shall treasure them forever! :) Richard.
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

jaz wrote:Unfortunately there will be no Avengers calendar in 2011.

Slow Dazzle, who up until last year, had produced all of the calendars, no longer have the licensing rights with Studio Canal.

This for me is particularly disappointing as the 2011 calendar would have been the 50th Anniversary calendar and I had planned to cover all aspects of the series (including Stage Play, New Avengers, etc) in this one.

Sorry if this is disappointing news.

Many thanks

Jaz

I have to say that I don't generally buy any calendars anymore, but I would have gone for a 50th Anniversary Avengers calendar.

With 'Vistaprint' you can create your own really good calendars if anyone is having withdrawal symptoms!
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Sounds a good idea Cybernowt. Maybe I can have a 50th anniversary calendar after all! How do these vistaprint calendars work then? Richard.
oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Post by oneknightsteed »

Much thanks to you, Jaz. I have truly enjoyed these calendars!

I made some wonderful desk calendars through snapfish last year with my pics from my trip to England. I'll have to try that with some Avengers pics.
I registered on the site, downloaded my album and selected shots for each month. The prompts will guide you easily through the process. They turned out looking quite professional!
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Cybernowt wrote:
jaz wrote:Unfortunately there will be no Avengers calendar in 2011.

Slow Dazzle, who up until last year, had produced all of the calendars, no longer have the licensing rights with Studio Canal.

This for me is particularly disappointing as the 2011 calendar would have been the 50th Anniversary calendar and I had planned to cover all aspects of the series (including Stage Play, New Avengers, etc) in this one.

Sorry if this is disappointing news.

Many thanks

Jaz

wow...gotta check this out..what a great idea..

I have to say that I don't generally buy any calendars anymore, but I would have gone for a 50th Anniversary Avengers calendar.

With 'Vistaprint' you can create your own really good calendars if anyone is having withdrawal symptoms!
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

That is a real shame! So comes an end to a fine tradition that produced many great calendars in the past years. A well maybe the year after that it will return. We can always hope.