Karate versus Judo in The Cybernauts

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

VA_Avenger wrote:Any Karate-ka who thinks Judo is a poor comparison is likely to be surprised. In a direct confrontation, the Karate-ka has the reach advantage. However, if he does not land a disabling strike or kick, and the Judo-ka gets inside, generally, it's game over.

Although it's a bit different, witness how many of the extreme fighting matches are won by grapplers as opposed to strikers.

I'm not advocating one discipline as superior to the other, but I've learned by experience that plans made on those types of generalizations gang aft agley. (With apologies to Robert Burns)
....gets inside....it's game over...agreed ... would Emma, Cathy or Tara succeed against Purdey's Panache :?:
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Cariheart wrote:I've taken Judo and Karate lessons and they both hurt real bad! :cry: :wink:

Seriously, I wouldn't put one ahead of the other, they are equally damaging.
amen...and ouch....I think I would give a nod to Karate...but they both are effective and both can certainly put the hurt on you