The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

There is a new blog about the event:

http://blogs.chi.ac.uk/theavengers/?m=201011
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

OK, I am seriously considering flying from Los Angeles to attend this event. Is there going to be some sort of aid with accomodations for out of town guests? If not, where would be a reasonable place to stay nearby? (I don't mind roughing it). This is a big event and has worldwide interest. I hope some sort of organization along these lines will be taking place; it would be most welcome. I'll probably travel alone and I'll need some help. :!: The first and last time I was in England was over 30 years ago, so maybe it's time for a revisit.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

An Avengers convention AND a Royal Wedding in the same year?

I wonder if I can manage both - I hope they're not on the same day!

I give you - the Royal couple!

ImageImageImage
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

MRotten wrote:OK, I am seriously considering flying from Los Angeles to attend this event. Is there going to be some sort of aid with accomodations for out of town guests? If not, where would be a reasonable place to stay nearby? (I don't mind roughing it). This is a big event and has worldwide interest. I hope some sort of organization along these lines will be taking place; it would be most welcome. I'll probably travel alone and I'll need some help. :!: The first and last time I was in England was over 30 years ago, so maybe it's time for a revisit.
Maybe the UK 'Tourist Information' has a website? I would imagine it does. You should be able to email them and book a B&B (bed and breakfast) in whichever city its in, and any others you choose to visit.

[edit.. ah Chichester.. never been. Its near Brighton (but I wouldn't bother going there.) I seem to recall Winchester was nice though.]
Madelow
Nutshell

Post by Madelow »

Hello all: Should be a great event. Honor and Linda are the icing on an already delicious cake! Full reports by all attending are, of course, mandatory.
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

Does anyone know the name of the nearest airport in relation to the University?
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

The university is located in Sussex about 16 miles east of Portsmouth ans 60 miles south of London; so I guess the London airports would be best: Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, City and Luton
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

I'm confident that I won't be the only yank at this event. I am definitely going to make the trip. The Avengers is part of my blood, it seems. A 50th Anniversary celebration is too important to miss, and with Honor Blackman and Linda Thorson confirmed, I'll be there, you can bet your boots.
mariocki

Post by mariocki »

MRotten wrote:Does anyone know the name of the nearest airport in relation to the University?
Gatwick would probably be best if you're flying in from the States, followed by Heathrow. Luton & Stanstead are quite some distance north of London and Chichester is quite some way south so might be tricky.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

No fan should miss that :D

Let's celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/ ... 1290791906