Good news for 2012 Avengers calendar!

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

dissolute wrote:But it is the cover of the Marcus Hearn book, also by Titan.
The recent 50th Anniversary book?

THE AVENGERS GALLERY
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Amazon are advertising the 2012 calendar. It should be released August 26th. I've bought one every year since they started in 1998, but I had to make my own last year, so it will be great to have an official one again. Long may they continue! :D Rich.
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

I've received the 2012 Avengers calendar from amazon this morning. Seems to run in chronological order through the year starting with Honor Blackman era and going through to Linda Thorsen era. I think most of the shots have appeared on previous calendars, but it still looks very nice and great to have a calendar again after a year off. :D
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Tara46 wrote:I've received the 2012 Avengers calendar from amazon this morning. :D
That's great news. You must be the first fan to have a copy! I've just tried to order myself a copy from amazon but it still says temporarily unavailable. Did you order direct from amazon or from a private seller who advertises on amazon. Rich.
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

cyberrich wrote:
Tara46 wrote:I've received the 2012 Avengers calendar from amazon this morning. :D
That's great news. You must be the first fan to have a copy! I've just tried to order myself a copy from amazon but it still says temporarily unavailable. Did you order direct from amazon or from a private seller who advertises on amazon. Rich.
I preordered it several months ago direct from Amazon. You may find if you order it from Amazon they may fulfil the order fairly quickly
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Got my new calendar yesterday. Looks great and it's terrific to have an official calendar again after a year off. Good price too, £6 on amazon.
13 nice posters, though half the pictures have been on previous calendars, and some of the others are in the 50th anniversary book. Not as interesting as the slow dazzles calendars that were issued 1998-2010 either, I have to say. I miss not having the smaller pictures on the opposite page with this calendar. You simply get the days printed. No snippets of Avengers info either, which were always interesting to read. Maybe if Titan do a calendar next year, someone can request that we have these little extras.
Still, it's great to have a nice looking calendar again. I hope you all buy a copy. If sales remain good, we might have one every year for all eternity! :D Rich.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Any chance someone can provide a back cover scan and and a sample spread...

I ask the most stupid questions!
Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

jaz wrote:Any chance someone can provide a back cover scan and and a sample spread...
Agreed. I was thinking of ordering it today, but would like to see a back cover scan and some of the pictures.

Not sure why there isn't a James bond calendar for 2012. Pretty odd.
Cybernowt

Post by Cybernowt »

Lando wrote:
jaz wrote:Any chance someone can provide a back cover scan and and a sample spread...
Agreed. I was thinking of ordering it today, but would like to see a back cover scan and some of the pictures.

There are a few pages on the Amazon UK site.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Calend ... 085768146X
Lando

Post by Lando »

Cybernowt wrote:
Lando wrote:

There are a few pages on the Amazon UK site.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Calend ... 085768146X
Thanks!!!!