Emma Peel in Cosmopolitan

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

Agreed with all...nothing 'Emma Peel' about this photo shoot. What an insult to the name.
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Ginandtonic
Little Wonder

Post by Ginandtonic »

What a complete and utter f**k up. Once again the media demonstrates it doesn't have a clue when it comes to revisiting the Avengers, the guy playing Steed here, his hat looks several sizes too big, and don't even get me started on the woman... Emma Peel, you must be joking.

Words fail me, but it's this sorta thing that scares me, imagine if one of the major TV channels did make a play for re-making the series, would we be faced with this kind of abomination???
gaucho vengador
Thingumajig

Post by gaucho vengador »

Cariheart wrote:Agreed with all...nothing 'Emma Peel' about this photo shoot. What an insult to the name.
Well, they tried to make a tribute to the serie. But, I agree, the male model is too young, and the female model is too thin, it is supposed Emma have more curves.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

It is only supposed to be a fashion spread with a nod towards the show. I doubt anyone concerned has even seen the show and so accuracy doesn't come into it, does it?
Ginandtonic wrote:What a complete and utter f**k up. Once again the media demonstrates it doesn't have a clue when it comes to revisiting the Avengers, the guy playing Steed here, his hat looks several sizes too big, and don't even get me started on the woman... Emma Peel, you must be joking.

Words fail me, but it's this sorta thing that scares me, imagine if one of the major TV channels did make a play for re-making the series, would we be faced with this kind of abomination???
Oh, the irony.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY