The Avengers - Special Features Disc (OPTD2104)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Yes, I've just read Tara46's opening post again. Thanks for the clarification. Oh well, at least Optimum were consistant until the end.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

The one in the box set and any received as part of the replacement programme (some people have been sent this disc for free) are fine.

It seems to be just (not that 'just' is apposite, really) the separate release that is affected.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Ion Williams wrote:I've had the same trouble as everyone else with the bonus disc. Having just had a look at Amazon's listing for it I see they're now saying it's temporarily unavailable, due to reports that it's faulty...

It's such a huge shame. The quality of the releases have been exceptional and I can understand a mistake or two. But to be plagued by so many! And none of us have received any kind of recompense for the postage costs incurred at having to send discs back for replacement. Not even a nice e-mail apology...

I've sent the disc back for a refund, and I really don't know if I'll bother with it now...

:(
I sent mine back to Amazon who promised to refund the postage cost.

If some people have been sent the Special Features disk for nothing, it is a shame that those of us who have had to return every single faulty disk to Optimum haven't got one, and had to pay for it - and received a blank disk for our money!
Last watched: "Concerto"
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

A shame? Something of an understatement.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

Good job I read this thread - was about to put an order in! This is really disappointing :(
Last watched: The Undertakers
lord_summerisle
White Dwarf

Post by lord_summerisle »

Received my disc today - works pefectly. The Hot Snow 'special edition' is fantastic!

Chris
Ion Williams
White Dwarf

Post by Ion Williams »

lord_summerisle wrote:Received my disc today - works pefectly. The Hot Snow 'special edition' is fantastic!

Chris

Hi Chris...can I ask you where you ordered it from...?
The Inebriated Anorak - A leisurely look at every Doctor Who story from 1963 to the present with added wine and cheesy nibbly bits...
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

Ion Williams wrote:
lord_summerisle wrote:Received my disc today - works pefectly. The Hot Snow 'special edition' is fantastic!

Chris

Hi Chris...can I ask you where you ordered it from...?
I'd also like to know where you purchased it Chris. I haven't bothered waiting for any annoucemants this time and have returned my faulty copy to HMV via their Freepost returns address for a refund. :(

I'm still awaiting a response from Optimum/Studio Canal to my e-mail regarding the Legacy Of Death issue. I'm not very confident about getting a reply now though.
tzodin
White Dwarf

Post by tzodin »

Damn. Wished I'd thought to check here first. I sent my faulty copy back to HMV at the weekend and asked for a replacement.

Looks like it'll be going back for a refund when it gets here. :(
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Chris
Glad you like it, Chris. Had a lot of fun putting it together!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger