Season 4 tag scenes

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I loved the tags. It sent you off happy, knowing it was all fiction and without giving you bad dreams. It's a shame they didn't continue it into The New Avengers.
That's one of the main things I don't like about TNA--no tags. I found it very jarring that things just ended, and when you came back from commercial, you only had the credits to watch. Some episodes have sort of pseudo-tags, but it's not the same.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I loved the tags. It sent you off happy, knowing it was all fiction and without giving you bad dreams. It's a shame they didn't continue it into The New Avengers.
That's one of the main things I don't like about TNA--no tags. I found it very jarring that things just ended, and when you came back from commercial, you only had the credits to watch. Some episodes have sort of pseudo-tags, but it's not the same.
Pretty much how the Cathy Gale series worked as well.
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

I think the tags worked a lot better than the endings in Season 5 where, in a sense, the tags were at the beginning with the Mrs Peel we're needed sequences. The latter were dropped for the final episodes which suggest that Clemens wasn't happy with them.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

I actually quite liked the 'Mrs. Peel, we're needed' bits at the beginning
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Rodney wrote:I think the tags worked a lot better than the endings in Season 5 where, in a sense, the tags were at the beginning with the Mrs Peel we're needed sequences. The latter were dropped for the final episodes which suggest that Clemens wasn't happy with them.
Actually, my favourite tag scene from the colour seasons is from one of my least favourite episodes - 'The Superlative Seven'. I just love how they shoot and the teddy bear and the glasses fall out of the air - pure Avengers as was 'Mrs Peel - We're Needed' which disappeared which was a big pity ! :(
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Philippa wrote:I actually quite liked the 'Mrs. Peel, we're needed' bits at the beginning
I liked them too. It was a fun way to start off the episodes but too bad they were cut from the later ones.
Allen
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

DiVicenzo wrote:
Rodney wrote:I think the tags worked a lot better than the endings in Season 5 where, in a sense, the tags were at the beginning with the Mrs Peel we're needed sequences. The latter were dropped for the final episodes which suggest that Clemens wasn't happy with them.
Actually, my favourite tag scene from the colour seasons is from one of my least favourite episodes - 'The Superlative Seven'. I just love how they shoot and the teddy bear and the glasses fall out of the air - pure Avengers as was 'Mrs Peel - We're Needed' which disappeared which was a big pity ! :(
Oh, I like that one too! Couldn't remember the episode--I hardly watch that one. And I missed the "We're Needed" tags as well. I thought they were clever bits of fun, and when I first watched I was terribly disappointed that they cut them later on.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mjhbuckeye
Nutshell

Post by mjhbuckeye »

I think my favorite tag may be the "shall we dance?" at the end of Quick, Quick, Slow Death
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

tags

Post by mousemeat »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Rodney wrote:that became a highly controversial one as the production team decided to speed it up. The tv company wanted that altered as they thought it was too silly but in fact the original idea was that Steed swopped his bowler for a milkman's hat and the float went off at normal pace.
Brilliant! Oh, why didn't they film alternate scenes - what great DVD extras they'd have made!

How true...if only they filmed alternative scenes...problem being, would the extra footage be around today ? Lookng at the history of the show on both VHS and DVD, how lacking they are with extra scenes, out takes, commentaries, and more...Very skimpy..

perhaps the extra material, has been lost to the mists of time...(?)
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: And I missed the "We're Needed" tags as well. I thought they were clever bits of fun, and when I first watched I was terribly disappointed that they cut them later on.
Me too! I thought they were great. A real shame they cut them out of the later episodes..