what episode

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Sinus1994 wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:One heck of a good scene in House of Cards, too. :lol: Gambit's lucky Purdey only stepped on his stomach--she could have easily aimed lower and done a lot more damage. :wink:
LOL I should watch this episode. :mrgreen:

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image

trouble's a brewing...LOL!!!!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Sinus1994 wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Sinus1994 wrote: LOL I should watch this episode. :mrgreen:
Have you not seen all the episodes of TNA, Sinus? You're missing out on some good stuff if you haven't. (In my completely biased opinion of course. :wink: )
No, I haven't seen them. I think just 1 episode, but I can barely remember at it... So sorry... :oops:
Well, if you do ever get to it, you have a lot to look forward to. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Sinus1994 wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: Have you not seen all the episodes of TNA, Sinus? You're missing out on some good stuff if you haven't. (In my completely biased opinion of course. :wink: )
No, I haven't seen them. I think just 1 episode, but I can barely remember at it... So sorry... :oops:
Image I promise to do watch all episodes of The New Avengers.

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Sinus1994 wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Sinus1994 wrote: No, I haven't seen them. I think just 1 episode, but I can barely remember at it... So sorry... :oops:
There`s no law you have to, of course. :wink: But I`ll be interested to hear what you think if and when you do.

Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Sinus1994 wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: Well, if you do ever get to it, you have a lot to look forward to. :D
There`s no law you have to, of course. :wink: But I`ll be interested to hear what you think if and when you do.
At the latest I'll watch it, when I have enough money to get the complete Anniversary-Edition... :D

But you can help me, with you knowledge about TNA...
"How would you describe the relationship between Gambit and Prudey?"
-> Important for my next "fan art", because I don't know very much about them and I need an expert opinion. ;)

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Sinus1994 wrote:But you can help me, with you knowledge about TNA...
-> Important for my next "fan art", because I don't know very much about them and I need an expert opinion. ;)
Oh, heavens, I could write you a book! :lol: It could probably be summed up in their most famous exchange: "Mike Gambit, one of these days.../I know, I'm looking forward to it." But it's much stranger than that. There's a lot of flirting (mostly from him, but she likes to turn the tables on him), and a lot of friendly bickering about inconsequential little things. They're a lot like an old married couple, actually--they're always trying to get the upper hand, and they exasperate each other at times, but in the end they quite like each other. If you have them engaging in a friendly, albeit slightly tart, exchange, you'll probably hit them dead on. :D

Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Sinus1994 wrote:But you can help me, with you knowledge about TNA...
Oh, heavens, I could write you a book! :lol: It could probably be summed up in their most famous exchange: "Mike Gambit, one of these days.../I know, I'm looking forward to it." But it's much stranger than that. There's a lot of flirting (mostly from him, but she likes to turn the tables on him), and a lot of friendly bickering about inconsequential little things. They're a lot like an old married couple, actually--they're always trying to get the upper hand, and they exasperate each other at times, but in the end they quite like each other. If you have them engaging in a friendly, albeit slightly tart, exchange, you'll probably hit them dead on. :D
Thank you so much Timeless! :D
Sorry, for such a "stupid" question... :oops:
I know, that I also could take a look in one of my Avenger-books or read some other summaries about Purdey and Gambit, I thought that the opinion of a real TNA expert would be any better. ;D
They seem a bit like Steed and Mrs. Peel, to me...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Sinus1994 wrote:Thank you so much Timeless! :D
I know, that I also could take a look in one of my Avenger-books or read some other summaries about Purdey and Gambit, I thought that the opinion of a real TNA expert would be any better. ;D
It's not stupid at all, and you're very welcome. It's very difficult to pin characters down when you've never seen them onscreen. I'm more than happy to be your "expert". :wink:

And yes, there is something of Steed and Emma about them. Like a lot of things about TNA, the Purdey/Gambit relationship is a bit of a cross between the Gale and Peel eras. Purdey and Gambit are essentially Steed and Cathy redux, only they actually like each other, like Steed and Emma do (i.e., they don't have shouting matches and drill each other in the shins, which were Gale era staples).

Anyway, feel free to run any other questions you might have past me. :D

Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Sinus1994 wrote:Thank you so much Timeless! :D
It's not stupid at all, and you're very welcome. It's very difficult to pin characters down when you've never seen them onscreen. I'm more than happy to be your "expert". :wink:

And yes, there is something of Steed and Emma about them. Like a lot of things about TNA, the Purdey/Gambit relationship is a bit of a cross between the Gale and Peel eras. Purdey and Gambit are essentially Steed and Cathy redux, only they actually like each other, like Steed and Emma do (i.e., they don't have shouting matches and drill each other in the shins, which were Gale era staples).

Anyway, feel free to run any other questions you might have past me. :D
You're indeed my TNA-expert. If I would have any questions about them, first of all I would ask you. :D

Well, sounds like a mix between the Steed & Cathy and the Steed & Emma era. For me it would be very difficult to include them in my next work. But, if you would have to create a daily situation picture of them, would you use a situation, where they bicker or "flirt" with each other? That's for me the question, which I can't answer at the moment...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Sinus1994 wrote:You're indeed my TNA-expert. If I would have any questions about them, first of all I would ask you. :D

Well, sounds like a mix between the Steed & Cathy and the Steed & Emma era. For me it would be very difficult to include them in my next work. But, if you would have to create a daily situation picture of them, would you use a situation, where they bicker or "flirt" with each other? That's for me the question, which I can't answer at the moment...
You flatter me, Sinus, but I'm more than happy to help. :)

If I had to write a standard, everyday Purdey/Gambit scene, it'd be some tangental exchange while on a break from an assignment or something. It'd probably turn into a bit of a debate, and yes, there might be some flirting involved. I've written lots of little short pieces just like that, though it's somehow hard to describe how to write them than actually write one, if you know what I mean. It'd be easier to actually read what you wrote or give you an example of something I've scribbled. :wink: