New Avengers Comic in August 2012

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Vic Flange
Nutshell

Post by Vic Flange »

Is this Comic a one off, and will it be on general release in the UK?
Last Watched:Super Secret Cypher Snatch
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Vic Flange wrote:Is this Comic a one off, and will it be on general release in the UK?
The new series is supposed to be ongoing as far as I know, so no, it's not going to be a single issue "one-shot." Sales will likely determine how long it lasts.

As for a UK release, I've just done some checking, and UK comic book stores have been carrying the 1990s reprint, so I'd say it's more likely than not that the new series will be released there as well. :) That's just as well--they'd be missing rather a large share of their market otherwise. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Vic Flange
Nutshell

Post by Vic Flange »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Vic Flange wrote:Is this Comic a one off, and will it be on general release in the UK?
The new series is supposed to be ongoing as far as I know, so no, it's not going to be a single issue "one-shot." Sales will likely determine how long it lasts.

As for a UK release, I've just done some checking, and UK comic book stores have been carrying the 1990s reprint, so I'd say it's more likely than not that the new series will be released there as well. :) That's just as well--they'd be missing rather a large share of their market otherwise. :wink:
Thanks, do please keep us posted on when officially released etc!! :lol:
Last Watched:Super Secret Cypher Snatch
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Vic Flange wrote:Thanks, do please keep us posted on when officially released etc!! :lol:
Will do! 8)

Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:As for a UK release, I've just done some checking, and UK comic book stores have been carrying the 1990s reprint..
I've seen the BOOM! reprint comic in the Forbidden Planet in Nottingam on visits. Will buy the new one when it appears.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Frankymole wrote:What is a "zero issue" - and why?
Zero issues are often little introductory/teaser issues of comics. They often tell some story that comes before the main storyline that starts in issue one. They can be quite short, and can cost much less to buy than a regular comic--usually $1 in my experience. It's sort of a "preview" of the comic before it starts. They've become quite common in the comics industry in the last decade or so.
Sinus1994 wrote:Eh? And I thought there is already a Steed & Mrs. Peel comic running...
Well, is this Avengers comic only about all the episode, starting with "A Touch Of Brimstone", or just about The Hellfire Club in The Avengers?
There is indeed a Steed & Mrs. Peel comic series running, but it's a reprint of a 3-issue limited series that originally appeared in the 1990s. That series will finish next month. The company responsible for the reprint, Boom! Comics, has clearly decided that the reprint sold well enough to publish a new Steed & Mrs. Peel comic run, this time featuring brand new material, as opposed to a reprint. From the sounds of things, though, instead of writing a whole new story, they're going to adapt the A Touch of Brimstone TV episode into comic form instead. I'd really rather they wrote a whole new story for Steed and Emma, particularly since I'm not a fan of Brimstone in any way, shape, or form. I watched it once a decade ago, and haven't seen it again since. :? However, I'm hopeful that if this proves successful, they'll decide to do a whole-new story next. It'd be great if they expanded their horizons eventually, too, and started writing for other characters, like Cathy and Tara.
sounds interesting..and should be a real piece of 'eye' candy..along those parameters..
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Does anyone know if the new comic can be pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk ? :)
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

JohnSteedFr wrote:Does anyone know if the new comic can be pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk ? :)
Looks like it can be. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steed-Mrs-Peel- ... 235&sr=1-3

JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Thank you, Timeless ! :)
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

JohnSteedFr wrote:Thank you, Timeless ! :)
Pas de probleme, Joris. :wink: