The Avengers Official Calendar 2013

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Lando wrote:I sent Titan book an email noting that I have bought the 2 books they published about The Avengers and the 2012 calendar. I asked them to please create a 2015 calendar.

[email protected]
Well done, Lando! :)
I hope Titan book will approve a proposal for calendar The Avengers 2015, because sadly notice that from year to year the goods relative series is getting smaller. :cry:
I will be interested to learn that the company responded to your message. :wink:
Denis
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Part of the problem may be the brand confusion with "the Avengers" comics and movies. (The superhero team, as opposed to the "proper" Avengers of steed and company.) I hear more and more mentions of the movies, especially, and a lot of people think the Avengers, when mentioned, is that franchise being talked about. Goodness knows how they interpret some of the discussions, about TV series and quality of videotaped shows versus film, etc.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Part of the problem may be the brand confusion with "the Avengers" comics and movies. (The superhero team, as opposed to the "proper" Avengers of steed and company.) I hear more and more mentions of the movies, especially, and a lot of people think the Avengers, when mentioned, is that franchise being talked about. Goodness knows how they interpret some of the discussions, about TV series and quality of videotaped shows versus film, etc.
thought that might have been ONE of the reasons for the stoppage. low sales don't help....perhaps a small company could produce a limited run for the next few yrs...
Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

denisrigg wrote:
Lando wrote:I sent Titan book an email noting that I have bought the 2 books they published about The Avengers and the 2012 calendar. I asked them to please create a 2015 calendar.

[email protected]
Well done, Lando! :)
I hope Titan book will approve a proposal for calendar The Avengers 2015, because sadly notice that from year to year the goods relative series is getting smaller. :cry:
I will be interested to learn that the company responded to your message. :wink:
No reply as of yet. If I recall I had a similar experience when I emailed them the year before.

It is too bad that we can't communicate with them!
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Frankymole wrote:Part of the problem may be the brand confusion with "the Avengers" comics and movies. (The superhero team, as opposed to the "proper" Avengers of steed and company.) I hear more and more mentions of the movies, especially, and a lot of people think the Avengers, when mentioned, is that franchise being talked about. Goodness knows how they interpret some of the discussions, about TV series and quality of videotaped shows versus film, etc.
If only ABC had trademarked the name... there wouldn't be this confusion. The comic series started in 1963, so "our" series pre-dated it by a couple of years.

Shouldn't be allowed. Some rubbishy nonsense cramping John Steed's style...

(and no, I don't mean Homicide and Old Lace!)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger