Joanna Lumley: Land Of The Northern Lights

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

kim wrote:Hmm...I just get the message that the video is no longer available. I'll go check BBC America and see if the show is available there.
It's probably blocked for people outside the UK. I think that is so sad!
I will tape and if you would like a copy on DVD I'll send you a copy :D
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

DiVicenzo wrote:
kim wrote:Hmm...I just get the message that the video is no longer available. I'll go check BBC America and see if the show is available there.

Try this link at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W67U-Q7YdQ
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

DiVicenzo wrote:
You're sweet. Thanks.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

DiVicenzo wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:

Try this link at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W67U-Q7YdQ
This time they are direct to the point.."This video is not available in your country."

Come on Timeless, you, me and ShaggE will go for a swim across the pond. We'll strap the tv to ShaggE's back, swim to the UK, watch a few shows that we aren't allowed to see here, and hitch hike back when we're done!
Kim
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

kim wrote:Come on Timeless, you, me and ShaggE will go for a swim across the pond. We'll strap the tv to ShaggE's back, swim to the UK, watch a few shows that we aren't allowed to see here, and hitch hike back when we're done!
Kim
Don't tempt me. I may never leave. "Wait! Wait! I haven't been to Selfridge's yet!" :D

I don't need a week. I need a decade.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

kim wrote:
This time they are direct to the point.."This video is not available in your country."
If you turn the sound up on your pc you can hear the faint sound of a raspberry being blown...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
kim wrote:Come on Timeless, you, me and ShaggE will go for a swim across the pond. We'll strap the tv to ShaggE's back, swim to the UK, watch a few shows that we aren't allowed to see here, and hitch hike back when we're done!
Kim
Don't tempt me. I may never leave. "Wait! Wait! I haven't been to Selfridge's yet!" :D

I don't need a week. I need a decade.
I'll bring the sandwhiches and the beer! Of course, a friend and I have been talking about selling everything we own, take a plane to Hawaii and live in a cave...we won't need much, just a couple of fishing poles, some stolen coconuts and pineapples...Just think, no snow to shovel this winter, no traffic, no customer complaints about prices... :D
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
kim wrote:
If you turn the sound up on your pc you can hear the faint sound of a raspberry being blown...
Ahh! So that's what I was hearing in the background! :lol:
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Just a reminder that this programme is shown this evening.

"The actress travels up through Norway to Svalbard, the most northerly permanently inhabited place on Earth, where she experiences temperatures approaching minus 30 degrees Celsius. Her aim is to fulfil a lifetime ambition to see natural phenomenon the Northern Lights. Along the way she explores the fjords of Lofoten, learns to ride a snowmobile and spends a night in a hotel made of ice"
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Just a reminder that this programme is shown this evening.

"The actress travels up through Norway to Svalbard, the most northerly permanently inhabited place on Earth, where she experiences temperatures approaching minus 30 degrees Celsius. Her aim is to fulfil a lifetime ambition to see natural phenomenon the Northern Lights. Along the way she explores the fjords of Lofoten, learns to ride a snowmobile and spends a night in a hotel made of ice"
Darn, I wish someone over here was showing it. Maybe one day.

It amuses me that the little description says "temperatures approaching -30 Celcius". Having grown up in the prairies, that's cold, but not the coldest (though I hate to perpetuate the stereotype that Canada is a land of ice and snow. Winters in my area are pretty mild. All depends where you are). It's all relative, eh?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14