How do you watch??

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Really? The only British tv drama I have seen worth watching in recent years was Life on Mars, a series which drew inspiration from...The Avengers, among other shows.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

When I get a new set of DVDs , I'll watch them one after another that same day. They don't have to be in any order. I tried doing it every other day or even weekly unsuccessfully. I just can't go a day without an episode.

Just point me to the nearest AA meeting (Avengers Anonymous).
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Rodders wrote:Really? The only British tv drama I have seen worth watching in recent years was Life on Mars, a series which drew inspiration from...The Avengers, among other shows.
good show...and I also enjoyed the american version as well..
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

I started by watching them as I collected videos.

Then we started watching one a week, alternately Emma and Tara. Have been enjoying doing this for four or five years now. I'm looking forward to going over to watching the Cathy Era ones too; I've only seen them about once or twice (with a few exceptions such as 'Don't Look Behind You' and some Venus ones).

Interested to know how you're watching today.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
mousemeat

Re: How do you watch??

Post by mousemeat »

XR40 wrote:Just wondered how everyone watches The Avengers? Is the concensus to watch episodes as your whim dictates or to watch in order from the beginning (of the surviving episodes) through to the last TNA episode. I like the continuity and prefer to watch them in order. Takes ages but that way at least you give them all an airing and see how the series developed. In my current 'run' I am up to 'A Sense of History', so still some way to go. (Can't wait to get to Tara again!!!).
i try and watch from the original episode release...but I've been known to pick and choose from all eras...especially If I wanna show off an exceptional episode to a non and hopefully, FUTURE fan..
Spaceship Dispatcher
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Spaceship Dispatcher »

Wathced each series in order when the latest dvd box sets were released, but apart from that I watch them in no particular order; and usually end up watching my favourite episodes over and over again! Having said that, over on the Blake's 7 online fansite Horizon were doing an organised time co-ordinated rewatch of all the Tara King episodes in a random order and all of the New Avengers in broadcast order; this happens on most Wednesday evenings.
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Rodders wrote:Really? The only British tv drama I have seen worth watching in recent years was Life on Mars, a series which drew inspiration from...The Avengers, among other shows.

I got on Avengers binges..then quit for an month or so...speaking of life on mars. have never seen the UK version...which inspired the american copy. but I'm going to finally get to see the UK vesrion. should be awesome.