Which Avengers characters deserved a spin off series

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
dissolute wrote:Sir Horace Winslip's ongoing war with the motor-car.

"The Adventures of Ambassador Brodney" anyone?
I'm fond of Brodny, a little. But enough was enough.

Yay to "Sir Horace Winslip's ongoing war with the motor-car" though. We need him more than ever! He can add in diesel trains.

I'm drawing a blank on Kim Lawrence - who she?
I actually liked Brodney. Presumably his show would entirely consist of him trying desperately not to get posted back to Russia. :wink:

Kim Lawrence was Steed's actress partner in The Charmers, as played by Fenella Fielding.
Really like the Brodney idea!
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I'd also love to have seen more of Kim Lawrence. One episode just wasn't enough :!: My favourite guest star, Fenella Fielding is a wonderfully kookie character. It would have been great to have had a reunion TV movie (maybe back in the 80s) starring all the leading characters so we could have seen what they were up to 20 odd years later, and also how they interacted with each other. The Too many targets novel is the nearest we've got to that. Rich.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

cyberrich wrote:I'd also love to have seen more of Kim Lawrence. One episode just wasn't enough :!: My favourite guest star, Fenella Fielding is a wonderfully kookie character. It would have been great to have had a reunion TV movie (maybe back in the 80s) starring all the leading characters so we could have seen what they were up to 20 odd years later, and also how they interacted with each other. The Too many targets novel is the nearest we've got to that. Rich.
I could not agree more Rich. I know she's still alive but not sure she is still acting. Does anyone know? I read something fairly recently about her in an interview.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

anti-clockwise wrote:
cyberrich wrote:I'd also love to have seen more of Kim Lawrence. One episode just wasn't enough :!: My favourite guest star, Fenella Fielding is a wonderfully kookie character. It would have been great to have had a reunion TV movie (maybe back in the 80s) starring all the leading characters so we could have seen what they were up to 20 odd years later, and also how they interacted with each other. The Too many targets novel is the nearest we've got to that. Rich.
I could not agree more Rich. I know she's still alive but not sure she is still acting. Does anyone know? I read something fairly recently about her in an interview.

NOT many of these special assets of the show...are still around...but at least we have the footages to remember them by
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Always enjoyed Warren Mitchell's turns as Brodny, even if they were a bit broad.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Your right, Alan, I'm unnecessarily harsh on Warren's portrayal - it was meant to be played for laughs, and works in "The Avengers" (unlike his Middle Eastern diplomat disguised as a fortune teller in "Dangerman"!)
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Cathy Gale! I'd love to know what she got up to after Fort Knox.

The further adventures of Hickey the tramp from "The Hour That Never Was". Good scope for varied locations (usually with dustbins/trashcans).

Olga from the Volga, coming to terms with the decadent West.

Trouble is, most of the good characters get bumped off.
yeah, Gale would have interesting to ponder.....but I still will suggest venus smith..as the hoots and catcalls begin to rise in loudness...
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I would have liked to have seen the further adventures of Purdey. 26 episodes of this wonderful character is nowhere near enough. It might have been interesting to revisit her life, maybe 5 years or so after TNA, where we now find her newly married to Gambit and living in a village that isn't all it appears to be, paving the way for bizarre adventures that interrupt their domestic bliss.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

cyberrich wrote:I would have liked to have seen the further adventures of Purdey. 26 episodes of this wonderful character is nowhere near enough. It might have been interesting to revisit her life, maybe 5 years or so after TNA, where we now find her newly married to Gambit and living in a village that isn't all it appears to be, paving the way for bizarre adventures that interrupt their domestic bliss.
This is basically everything I could ever want. 8) There was lots of life left in both Purdey and Gambit's characters (as there was in Tara), so they really deserved another couple of years onscreen. I'd love to see them trying to keep a low profile and just attracting trouble. :lol: Everyone in town has their suspicions about Mr. and Mrs. Gambit, but nobody would suspect the armoury in the basement. :wink:

And if we're breaking the incidental character rule, I'll go for Venus as well. I really like her. Her only crime was being good-natured and trusting and having the misfortune of dealing with Steed at his worst.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

All of the many villains in "Legacy of Death" - especially the early ones who end up dead pretty quickly - it would be interesting to have a prequel series of stories where we find out what they did before and how they knew each other. Lots of double-crossing involved, no doubt.

Old Gorky, Oppenheimer, Slatterly. A kind of anti-Avengers...
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"