Joanna Lumley

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Ian Fleming: Where Bond Began

Sunday, October 19th. BBC1 6.10pm

Former Bond girl Joanna Lumley investigates the life of Ian Fleming to coincide with the centenary of his birth and the UK release of the 22nd Bond movie, Quantum of Solace.

On a journey which takes her from London to Jamaica, driving Aston Martins, firing Berettas and being surrounded by 24 million pounds' worth of diamonds, Joanna discovers how Fleming poured his personal experiences of war-time espionage, love, luxury and death into his most alluring literary creation, James Bond.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f60kt

There's an interview with Daniel Craig in the current Radio Times where he says, ".... there are strong women who challenge him (in his Bond films). And there were strong women in earlier films - Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg. We have to maintain that".

Nice to see that, even 40+ years later, these two actresses are still the benchmark of Bond girls.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Ian Fleming: Where Bond Began

Former Bond girl Joanna Lumley investigates the life of Ian Fleming to coincide with the centenary of his birth and the UK release of the 22nd Bond movie, Quantum of Solace.

On a journey which takes her from London to Jamaica, driving Aston Martins, firing Berettas and being surrounded by 24 million pounds' worth of diamonds, Joanna discovers how Fleming poured his personal experiences of war-time espionage, love, luxury and death into his most alluring literary creation, James Bond.

There's an interview with Daniel Craig in the current Radio Times where he says, ".... there are strong women who challenge him (in his Bond films). And there were strong women in earlier films - Honor Blackman and Diana Rigg. We have to maintain that".

Nice to see that, even 40+ years later, these two actresses are still the benchmark of Bond girls.
I remember, at the Daniel Craig's Bond Press Conference he was asked 'Who is your favourite Bond girl?' He answered 'Diana Rigg'. He was asked a second time 'Who is your favourite Bond girl?' And, he said 'It's still Diana Rigg!' :D

Also, I inveigled my way into Goldeneye with friends in January 2007! I was like a kid in sweet shop! Wow! :D

And, thanks for the pointer Dandy!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Craig's good taste

Post by mousemeat »

Wow, Craig said that ? the guy knows his cinema history...Both Honor and Diana, were top notched Bond girls, if you want to label them as such.

They both had good scripts to work from...

I wonder how Rigg would have played off with Connery, instead of
Lazenby ?
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Here's a video clip from the programme! Blimey! Tomorrow we have Joanna on BBC1 and The South Bank Show about Bond on ITV - I will have to set that recorder! Properly this time! :lol:
And, doesn't this woman look great! 62!!!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 965412.ece
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

DiVicenzo wrote:Here's a video clip from the programme! Blimey! Tomorrow we have Joanna on BBC1 and The South Bank Show about Bond on ITV - I will have to set that recorder! Properly this time! :lol:

Thanks for that - she still looks amazing and full of joie de vivre. I think that's her secret.

I miss-recorded her interview on that 'pub landlord' programme - ended up with some celebrity C4 show. Hopefully it will be YouTubed...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:Here's a video clip from the programme! Blimey! Tomorrow we have Joanna on BBC1 and The South Bank Show about Bond on ITV - I will have to set that recorder! Properly this time! :lol:

Thanks for that - she still looks amazing and full of joie de vivre. I think that's her secret.

I miss-recorded her interview on that 'pub landlord' programme - ended up with some celebrity C4 show. Hopefully it will be YouTubed...
Like me and the Northern Lights! :( I didn't watch Pub Landlord - he gets on my nerves a bit and QI is on the other side anyway.
I will be out at rehearsal when it's on so I will have to keep my fingers crossed :D
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

DiVicenzo wrote:
Here's a video clip from the programme! Blimey! Tomorrow we have Joanna on BBC1 and The South Bank Show about Bond on ITV - I will have to set that recorder! Properly this time! :lol:

Joanna does look great! Mind you, I think most people'd look pretty happy running around that beach! :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I miss-recorded her interview on that 'pub landlord' programme - ended up with some celebrity C4 show. Hopefully it will be YouTubed...
Just a couple of minutes so far.

Joanna's Gurkha Petition Plea on Al Murray's Happy Hour
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

I've got the whole thing, both the Al Murray appearance and the program about Bond. If anyone wants it, just shout ;)
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

This week's Radio Times has a 'Filming now' section that reports Joanna has taken part in an episode of Lewis called 'Counter-Culture Blues' as Esme Ford, a rock singer Lewis idolised in his youth.

Joanna as a rock and roll/glam rock star? This I've got to see...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY