Avengers (and actor related) references in tv series

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

DiVicenzo wrote:
Philippa wrote:Oh great! I wanted to buy his autobiography anyway, but now I'm definitely buying it.
He definitely has a thing for The Avengers, especially Emma Peel. I think that's just so sweet :D

He prefers Tara King actually. Have you seen his spoof on 'The Avengers' ? It's the best ever!
Yeah I've got that video! I'll upload it to Youtube when I've got time. It's bloody hilarious :lol:
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

There was a short lived show here in the 1990s called V5. There was a virtual reality dream sequence where the leads were dressed as Steed and the Queen of Sin. Also the sets were mimicking MIssion Highly Improbable

Also I always enjoyed the STeed and Peel parodies on Get Smart. Sneed and Mrs Neal, a pair of wry, sophisticated agents of Kaos. They didn't look anything remotely like Macnee and Rigg but the they got the feel of the pair down perfectly.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Life on Mars, when Gene rattles off a suspect's criminal record, and finishes with "fencing, and not the sort Steed does in The Avengers!"

And of course there's The Joker spoof on A Bit of Fry and Laurie. The also have some of Tara's ceramic heads for holding her wigs.

Class Act is a TNA fan's dream. Joanna ponders "getting the old Purdey out," her father accuses someone of "stealing his Purdey," Joanna fires the housekeeper, one "Mrs. Peel," and at the end of season one likens her little group to "The New Avengers."

But one of the best must be the AbFab flashback, with Eddy in labour and a pan over to Patsy, complete with Purdey bob and an exact replica of Purdey's motorcycle jacket and togs, draped over a chair and smoking! The audience just roars!
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

^Oh yeah totally forgot to mention Class Act and AbFab. Those bits are just fabulous :D
ShaggE
The Ministry

Post by ShaggE »

Philippa wrote: Those bits are just fabulous :D
Absolutely.

*hee* I made a funny.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

*hee* I made a funny.
Go to your room Rob.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

ShaggE wrote:
Philippa wrote: Those bits are just fabulous :D
Absolutely.

*hee* I made a funny.
To quote Jennifer Saunders:
"don't get funny" :P
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Please don't encourage ShaggE. He'll just go around the house smirking and snickering the rest of the day. :wink:
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

The Avengers had a mention in an early episode of Steptoe & Son. It was reported in The Avengers Dossier, but I forget what episode or exactly what was said.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

'Stagecoach', episode 22 of season 1 of "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." (1994), featured a British born spy called Emma Steed.