13%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Lhbizness wrote: (Just in matters of comfort (and as a female) wearing a costume where your underwear is on display is slightly different, in terms of awkwardness, than wearing a dress that you're constantly having to shift around in to avoid flashing everyone. So props to Diana for being able to deal with those costumes and look cool about it
Erm, no...
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Lhbizness wrote:I think they even use the Cybernauts music there at the beginning, which is just obnoxious.
It's actually The Fear Merchants. The whole score is recycled from old episodes. Sometimes there just wasn't the time or money for new music.
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

Frankymole wrote:Erm, no...
You really love that photo.

I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. I'm talking about the comfort of the actresses. There is a difference between wearing a costume and trying to arrange your dress constantly - and, yeah, I think Diana deals with the costuming with great aplomb, as does Linda.

But why is this about Emma Peel? I thought we were talking about Tara.

I simply didn't notice that Tara showed her knickers, but I think it's a serious problem in an episode where this is the only thing to be debated. I don't think that's Tara bashing at all - I was praising Linda for handling it very well. In fact, Tara's not a problem in this episode at all - the whole episode seems off to me.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Lhbizness wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Erm, no...
You really love that photo.
There are loads more. I just can't be bothered to host them to disprove your constant biased Tara-era-is-crap agenda when Emma committed - or was subjected to, depending who you view as the cuprit for making them do knicker-flashes - far worse "gratuitous buttock flashes".

It isn't the only thing that can be subject to debate. We're just trying to establish which of you got it right, because at the moment it's the one debatable point you don't both agree upon - in fact your observations vary immensely.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Lhbizness wrote: But why is this about Emma Peel? I thought we were talking about Tara.
You tell me, you started it with "So props to Diana for being able to deal with those costumes and look cool about it".
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

Frankymole wrote:
Lhbizness wrote: But why is this about Emma Peel? I thought we were talking about Tara.
You tell me, you started it with "So props to Diana for being able to deal with those costumes and look cool about it".
I think that you brought up Emma Peel first with the comment "Not that Emma Peel minded doing so." Anyways, Linda doesn't seem awkward at all in this episode (nor does she ever, really) and that's very difficult while wearing such a short dress. Kudos to her.

BTW, I don't think the Tara era is universally bad - I quite like Fog, Take-Over, The Morning After, Killer, Game, and find a lot of good in The Interrogators and a few others (which, for the most part, I've commented on in those threads). I have no agenda - just an opinion. I watched The Rotters yesterday, I commented on it. I think this was actually the first time I saw it, or at least I hadn't remembered it.

What do you think of The Rotters? Good, bad, indifferent? Something I missed that seems really good to you? This seems to be kind of a middling rated episode, based on the poll. I'd be very interested in what you like about this season in general, irrespective of comparison to anything that came before.
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

I'm fairly certain in this episode there a couple of bad knickers flashing... this wasn't an attempted at Tara bashing more a comment on the dress she was wearing and the camera angles.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Alright, calm down. I suspect that minor wardrobe malfunctions happen to most actresses at some point (Return of the Cybernauts and Mission Highly Imporobable spring to mind). I'm not sure it's worthy of debate as we've all passed our teens.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

6 from me. Like the excentricities.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

9 from me. Another one I really enjoyed.

~iw