Rare Photos

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Love these rare photos! :D I think we need a new book full of these rarities. Rich.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Did not expect to see so many messages.
I had doubts about doing this topic, but I nonetheless took a step in this direction.
Thank you all. :D

Now the answers to letters!
Frankymole wrote:Gorgeous photographs, Denis! Thanks for posting them. I'm fairly sure that I haven't seen any of these before.
Thanks, Frankymole!

These photos were previously paid and such scene as "Emma Peel and Steed in the Rolls Royce" has more 50 photos.
I hope that one day we will see them.

Personally for me, from all that I posted I enjoy looking at photos from Linda. :P It's very good shots. Especially the last one. :)

Rodders wrote:wonderful photos. I've come to like Forget-Me-Knot more and more over the years.
I, too, Rodders. :)
Previously, I looked "The Forget-Me-Knot" like just another episode. But now I see in it a some attraction, which had previously eluded me - the fact that we immediately dipped into the atmosphere color season with Emma Peel and Tara King's season. The symbiosis, which is almost absent in the series.
The viewer finds here all the key moments of the series - a good sense of humor, a good story and interesting scenery (Mother's headquarters). It really is a special episode in the history of the series and I've always appreciated it.
Last edited by denis rigg on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Denis
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

yes Denis you have outdone yourself! Great photos. i agree the ones of Linda show a different side to her that we have not seen.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

I continue to respond to your "the letters". See above. Now I reply to a message from Jay... :)
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Great photos, Denis! :D All ones I haven't seen before, and some particularly good ones of Linda. I love the last one where she's unmade-up, and you can see she has all those freckles all over her nose. It makes her look even younger, if that's possible! 8)
Oh, those freckles. Right, Jay. Linda looks younger and reminds me a some girl from next door of my childhood. Rare occasion when we can see Linda in this "guise", I've seen her so only in the 1960s and early 1970s.

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Yes, Linda probably goes freckly in the summer sun instead of tanned :)
She does look like she's been out in the sun, doesn't she? I thought maybe they were permanent, and we just never saw them because the make-up people covered them up, but maybe they fade away again?
I think Jay is right.
When Linda worked in the series and other projects - make-up and special prophylaxis did the trick. But outside of work, we can see the natural Linda.
Freckles are reduced or disappear altogether to thirty years, I assuming that Linda got rid of them by mid-1970s.
ischtar wrote:Terrific photos and quality - thanks for sharing, Denis. I knew most of them, but not that wonderful last picture of Linda Thorson. :D
Pleased to note that the last photo (Linda with freckles) liked the most. Indeed, there Linda appears not only in an interesting shape, but with some creative idea.
This is one of the Linda's favorite subjects - a look on the other side.

denis wrote:Thanks a lot, Denisrigg.
I particularly enjoy colour pics of Emma Peel monochrome season posted some time ago.
Hello for Denis from Denis! :D

I often consider these photos. We can see how it looked in color. It's quite different feeling. Sometimes I think looking through black and white The Avengers - it would looked in color so and so, but then your eye catches one of the colored pics and you in the surprise.
I have other color photos of 4 Seasons - I will publishing them soon.
cyberrich wrote:Love these rare photos! :D I think we need a new book full of these rarities. Rich.
I would've been happy with the new book. :D
There are a lot of rare photos, which I think would be enough for a great series of books. Great is value of this material, but the fans have always gone to meet it.
anti-clockwise wrote:yes Denis you have outdone yourself! Great photos. i agree the ones of Linda show a different side to her that we have not seen.
Thank for compliment, anti-clockwise! I am far from perfect, but I glad that you enjoyed by new pictures. :)
In this material we can to see the diversity of our favorite performes. And, of course, there are things that many find out only from images such as Linda with freckles (well, I have no doubt that there is a video, but probably in Linda's own archives or paid archives :) ).

Thanks again for your messages, dear Avengerfans! :D

Regards, Denis.
Denis
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Anyone know what that painting in Steed's flat from "The Forget-Me-Knot" onwards is?

Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Hi Piers

I'd have to say that the painting looks like its by John Constable, although I've not been able to locate an image of this particular picture on the net. So I suppose that it could be a painting by someone else done in his style.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denisrigg wrote:I continue to respond to your "the letters". See above. Now I reply to a message from Jay... :)
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Great photos, Denis! :D All ones I haven't seen before, and some particularly good ones of Linda. I love the last one where she's unmade-up, and you can see she has all those freckles all over her nose. It makes her look even younger, if that's possible! 8)
Oh, those freckles. Right, Jay. Linda looks younger and reminds me a some girl from next door of my childhood. Rare occasion when we can see Linda in this "guise", I've seen her so only in the 1960s and early 1970s.

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Yes, Linda probably goes freckly in the summer sun instead of tanned :)
She does look like she's been out in the sun, doesn't she? I thought maybe they were permanent, and we just never saw them because the make-up people covered them up, but maybe they fade away again?
I think Jay is right.
When Linda worked in the series and other projects - make-up and special prophylaxis did the trick. But outside of work, we can see the natural Linda.
Freckles are reduced or disappear altogether to thirty years, I assuming that Linda got rid of them by mid-1970s.
ischtar wrote:Terrific photos and quality - thanks for sharing, Denis. I knew most of them, but not that wonderful last picture of Linda Thorson. :D
Pleased to note that the last photo (Linda with freckles) liked the most. Indeed, there Linda appears not only in an interesting shape, but with some creative idea.
This is one of the Linda's favorite subjects - a look on the other side.

denis wrote:Thanks a lot, Denisrigg.
I particularly enjoy colour pics of Emma Peel monochrome season posted some time ago.
Hello for Denis from Denis! :D

I often consider these photos. We can see how it looked in color. It's quite different feeling. Sometimes I think looking through black and white The Avengers - it would looked in color so and so, but then your eye catches one of the colored pics and you in the surprise.
I have other color photos of 4 Seasons - I will publishing them soon.
cyberrich wrote:Love these rare photos! :D I think we need a new book full of these rarities. Rich.
I would've been happy with the new book. :D
There are a lot of rare photos, which I think would be enough for a great series of books. Great is value of this material, but the fans have always gone to meet it.
anti-clockwise wrote:yes Denis you have outdone yourself! Great photos. i agree the ones of Linda show a different side to her that we have not seen.
Thank for compliment, anti-clockwise! I am far from perfect, but I glad that you enjoyed by new pictures. :)
In this material we can to see the diversity of our favorite performes. And, of course, there are things that many find out only from images such as Linda with freckles (well, I have no doubt that there is a video, but probably in Linda's own archives or paid archives :) ).

Thanks again for your messages, dear Avengerfans! :D

Regards, Denis.
great pics...especially the Linda pics...amazing...time has been frozen
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Re: Rare Photos

Post by denis rigg »

It's time for new photos! :)

(All photos previously published on the paid resources and now free online)

Below, what you will not see in the episodes - other angles of scenes and on the set.

Other angle of scene from "Something Nasty in the Nursery"

On the set "Something Nasty in the Nursery"

Other angle of scene from "The Fear Merchants" (Emma Peel and Fox on a hospital trolley)

On the set "The See-Through Man".

On the set "The Forget-Me-Knot".

Other angle of scenes from "The Forget-Me-Knot".

On the set "A Sense of History".

More...

Pic from photo session "Training"! :D

More...

Linda (april 1971)

So, my favorites:

On the set "A Sense of History"
Diana Rigg №3
Linda Thorson
Denis
Spaceship Dispatcher
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Spaceship Dispatcher »

Great pics, thanks for sharing them.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Rare Photos

Post by mousemeat »

denisrigg wrote:It's time for new photos! :)

(All photos previously published on the paid resources and now free online)

Below, what you will not see in the episodes - other angles of scenes and on the set.

Other angle of scene from "Something Nasty in the Nursery"

On the set "Something Nasty in the Nursery"

Other angle of scene from "The Fear Merchants" (Emma Peel and Fox on a hospital trolley)

On the set "The See-Through Man".

On the set "The Forget-Me-Knot".

Other angle of scenes from "The Forget-Me-Knot".

On the set "A Sense of History".

More...

Pic from photo session "Training"! :D

More...

Linda (april 1971)

So, my favorites:

On the set "A Sense of History"
Diana Rigg №3
Linda Thorson
wonderful pictures...moments frozen in time forever!