Dead Duck

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

cyberrich wrote:Facebook and the like has made a dent in all forums. I belong to a few forums and they have all been quiet for some time. I wouldn't say they're a dead duck though. I still learn things here, such as Diana's appearance at Elstree this Sunday. I read about that here. I didn't see a mention of it anywhere else. Thanks to this forum I bought a ticket and I'm going :!: I'll let you all know what Diana says on Sunday.
I agree, Rich and Frank, this is still the best place for serious, detailed Avengers discussion and information.
Enjoy Diana's appearance at Elstree :)
James/Mrs Emma Peel
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

MikeR wrote:Rich

I will be there, along with half the regular attendees of the Treasure Hunt Event.
Yes, I'll be there too (will probably wear my 'An ITC Production' T-shirt if anyone wants to say hello) so I'm looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces outside of the Treasure Hunt environment.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I'll say hello if I see you! Hoping to bump into some of the people I've chatted to on her over the years. :)
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:There's a lot of Avengers interest, chat, and excellent photo-posts on The Avengerians (with nearly 3.000 members and growing rapidly)
and Fans of Diana Rigg Facebook Groups from fans all over the world - but very sadly, a declining number of posts here.

I definitely think there is a large new generation of interest out there - but we are not seeing it reflected on the forum.
What is The Avengerians? I've never heard of it.
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

The Avergerians is a Facebook group. There are now over 3,500 members.

Lots of interesting pictures, some I've never seen before ... such as this one posted today:

However, like all Facebook groups it's completely unstructured and you need to have a Facebook account to view it.

~iw
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Ian

This image is from the Elstree Studios 'Add-A-Vision' booklet they issued in the sixties to publicise the fact that they were the first major UK film studio to utilize this system, which was actually their system based on a similar German system they has studied and then decided that they make better.
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

Thanks Mike. I remember seeing the system in use on a Leslie Phillips feature film but I don't think I've seen that Avengers picture before.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

It's great to see shots like that.

I'm normally good at it but it took me a while to identify where the shot was from - The Forget-Me-Knot. It's the hallway from Steed's apartment building. I do't recall the scene though. I think we only see it when Emma and Tara pass one another.

I wish we had more photo sharing on this forum (I'm not gonna rejoin Facebook ever just to see some photos).
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

The whole Add-A-Vision booklet has been available for download as a PDF from The Avengers Declassified for about the last five years. :)

Enjoy!

http://www.declassified.hiddentigerbook ... rchive.htm
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Cheers. Alan. That was one that I've missed previously.

Interestingly, Don Sharp is the director. I wonder if this was set up specifically for the brochure and not part of an episode.

But if it is an episode - it would come from Invasion of the Earthmen, Curious Case of the Countless Clues or Get-A-Way. That set doesn't feature in any of those episodes - that would suggest a deleted scene. I'm imagining it was specially shot for the brochure though. I'd guess it was done when Don Sharp had finished or was completing Curious Case and they'd erected the hallway set for Forget-me-knot.