The WORST Episode

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

brim-ola

Post by mousemeat »

waldotyson wrote:WORST colour Emmas: The Joker and Who's who. The joker is a joke of an episode because it's so darn boring. There's no action in it for me. Who's who is a real stinker because Steed and Emma are no longer Steed and Emma and it's just a stupid concept- it's like watching a circus or something.

WORST b&w Emma: Touch of Brimstone. This episode completely tanks because of the absurdity of the hellfire club and the fact that they dress my beloved Emma up like a whore. Absolute filth!
sorta amazing how many of us, sorta loathe BRIMSTONE..Due to the plot, and Emma being made up,in an less than wholesome way (LOL)

does it deserve this ? hard to say..Perhaps if was re edited, etc around the time it was done....sure it was 'hot' stuff in 1966, today, no one would bat an eye..as for the script, draw yer own conclusions..
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Some of my worst ever are the downright silly ones: The See-Through Man, The Bird Who Knew Too Much. Hard to beat Homicide and Old Lace - the original material should have been binned. In Season 4 A Sense of History is the only episode I hate, although I'm not keen on The Man Eater. I'm amazed by the votes for Murdersville which is nasty, admittedly, but so are many of Clemens'. It has so much atmosphere and memorable scenes, although I agree that the helicopter scene is unnecessary: the production team showing off its budget!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Re: brim-ola

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

mousemeat wrote:
waldotyson wrote: WORST b&w Emma: Touch of Brimstone. This episode completely tanks because of the absurdity of the hellfire club and the fact that they dress my beloved Emma up like a whore. Absolute filth!
sorta amazing how many of us, sorta loathe BRIMSTONE..Due to the plot, and Emma being made up,in an less than wholesome way (LOL)

does it deserve this ? hard to say..Perhaps if was re edited, etc around the time it was done....sure it was 'hot' stuff in 1966, today, no one would bat an eye..as for the script, draw yer own conclusions..
It's not just the Hellfire club scenes (which, regardless of what you think of the content, just smack of trying too hard to be "kinky" for the sake of it). The surrounding scenes are totally lacking in spark. The plot's surprisingly slow and dull. When I watched it, I'd heard all sorts of comments about how terribly clever and fun it was, and I found myself waiting for it to get good. Then the end credits rolled around. And it still hadn't gotten good. Even Steed and Emma's characters seem off. Don't get me wrong--I can usually find something to love about pretty much any episode you throw at me. I'm pretty easygoing. But Brimstone gave me nothing to work with. I think it's the most over-hyped episode the series ever had. I'd watch Trap over it any day.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

Thingumajig- no one really appreciates how much I loathe this episode.

Man in the Mirror- its a such a disappoint at the set up isn't bad, but very quickly turns into a really dull defection tale.

The Gladiators- just terrible in some many ways

The See-Through Man/ Bird Who Knew Too uch for simlply for being really boring, like wise Killer Whale and The White Elephant (plus that has the stupidest teaser!).
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

good points

Post by mousemeat »

Rodney wrote:Some of my worst ever are the downright silly ones: The See-Through Man, The Bird Who Knew Too Much. Hard to beat Homicide and Old Lace - the original material should have been binned. In Season 4 A Sense of History is the only episode I hate, although I'm not keen on The Man Eater. I'm amazed by the votes for Murdersville which is nasty, admittedly, but so are many of Clemens'. It has so much atmosphere and memorable scenes, although I agree that the helicopter scene is unnecessary: the production team showing off its budget!
I don't have a problem with the chopper scene....I do have issues with Emma running out inna open field, where she was spotted and caught by that whirly bird...how dumb was that ? bordering on Tara-ville..

Again, some of the script was ill logical....

Man eater is a pretty good choice for being lame, but I think major parts of forget-me-not, doesn't work for me...I would have loved to see Emma exit on a better note..but the ending does save it....and still tugs at me heart strings..
moorlock2003
Thingumajig

Post by moorlock2003 »

waldotyson wrote:WORST colour Emmas: The Joker and Who's who. The joker is a joke of an episode because it's so darn boring. There's no action in it for me. Who's who is a real stinker because Steed and Emma are no longer Steed and Emma and it's just a stupid concept- it's like watching a circus or something.

WORST b&w Emma: Touch of Brimstone. This episode completely tanks because of the absurdity of the hellfire club and the fact that they dress my beloved Emma up like a whore. Absolute filth!
Geez, so angry. Relax. Diana Rigg went along with the costume in "A Touch of Brimstone" so I don't think it was a lapse in judgement. I suppose you are opposed to the mini-skirt as well? Are you a Quaker by chance? A Pilgrim by choice? You sound extremely religious. All I can say is thank God I'm an athiest.

"Who's Who" is another Emma episode that I'm not too keen on either. "The Joker" of course was a remake of the Cathy Gale episode "Don't Look Behind You", which I think was better.
All this talk about the worst episodes.....even the least appealling Avengers episodes have more appeal than most hour-long series. We're getting all riled up over nothing really.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

moorlock2003 wrote: Geez, so angry. Relax. Diana Rigg went along with the costume in "A Touch of Brimstone" so I don't think it was a lapse in judgement.
Went along with it? She designed it!
Last watched: "Concerto"
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: good points

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: I don't have a problem with the chopper scene....I do have issues with Emma running out inna open field, where she was spotted and caught by that whirly bird...how dumb was that ? bordering on Tara-ville..
Tara would never be that stupid. I've just watched "Who Was That Man I Saw You With?" and Tara, out to clear her name, proves far more clever and devious than even Steed and the rest of the Department... let's not start a "Tara versus Emma" argument again, please. Murdersville just wrote Emma poorly.
Last watched: "Concerto"
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

let's not start a "Tara versus Emma" argument again, please.
Yes, please don't. It serves no purpose and only ends up with personal attacks on each other. Like who you like, but respect those who have different opinions and do not attack each other personaly.

Thanks.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

From the Emma era mine is Who's Who. I just can't stand that episode. It bores me to tears.

From the Tara era, it is Thingamajug and Invasion of the Earthmen. Both were horribly dull episodes and I completely avoid them. Tara fan that I am, I found nothing redeamable in them. All the others I can find something to like even just a little bit.

From TNA, it has to be Gnaws and Gladiators. There is one more, but I can't think of the title right now. But those two episodes make me cringe and it's not likely I'll ever watch them again to find something to like about them.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.